Lamenters Chaplain Daketh

mega_marines

Alright ladies and gents, I bring to you another creation of my Lamenters, my High Chaplain, Daketh.

I made him earlier today when I was looking through some of my old models, and saw an old Necron Lord I had. Inspiration hit me like a damned brick to the face. I immediately pulled the Necron's arm off, plasticarded on an extra digit, and went and immediately bought a Sergeant Chronus model for his Mk III Armor plate. I decided it was wholly appropriate since the Lamenters have a high number of older pieces of gear in their armory. After removing the Ultramarine symbols and putting my own puritanical touches on the model, I decided my old Chaplain with his half bionic face was to be resurrected from the grave. He had suffered from being THROWN off the gaming table, and the fall had caved in parts of the model and completely damaged him beyond repair. What stood perfectly fine though, was his Crozius. With a quick sawing through the wrist, I had my arm, and a pose to boot. Upon assembling the model, I realized I need a head, so I pilfered my Chaos bitz for the skull helm, and filed down the Chaos arrow off of the helmet, and used my extra Death Company backpack on the Chaplain with some little extra pieces. The final result is what you see now, just ready to be painted. Even wrote up some backstory for him, since he looks rather beastly right now.

"Daketh Vritorl, current Master Of Sanctity of the Lamenters Chapter. Perhaps looking upon the powerful form of the High Chaplain, one would be surprised to discover a soul almost at odds with his Chapters Legacy. Prone to laughter or simply just chuckling at things worthy of being called humorous, the Chaplain still manages to breathe out fiery oratories with every yell and snarl. Approaching the age of 600, and at the current age of 589, Daketh has led his brothers through the thickest of fights and wars untold. Upon the death of his predecessor, Valus Torink, just months shy of the Chapters involvement in the Badab War, Daketh took up the mantle. The Badab War would soon prove to be his trial by fire as a leader, as he led boarding actions again and again, determined to forever be a righteous warrior in the name of his Chapter. It would come to be in the battle against the Minotaurs Chapter fleet that Daketh would lose his right arm. In his famous manner, the Chaplain led a squad of his brethren through a firestorm of bolt shells and las weaponry; laughing and pointing towards to the Minotaurs position, now famous for saying "Our dear brothers seek to weigh us down with fire. Let us weigh them down with our glorious hate, my friends." It would only be when four of his brothers and the High Chaplain himself made it into close quarters, that his rage was unleashed. The small remains of his force swept through two dozen Minotaur marines, and in the closing fight with their leader, Captain Azimeth, did Daketh lose his arm. When the Captains arm fell, it was but a feint for his powerblade, and off past the elbow came the Chaplains arm. In return with one swift motion, Daketh headbutted Azimeth back, caving in his nose through his helmet and forcing the Minotaur down. With the final words, "You took my arm, and with it, you took my pity, brother", he smashed his Crozius down into the struggling form of the Minotaurs Captain and contained the breach in his quarter of the Battle Barge. Despite the Chapter surrendering at the end of the conflict due to having either face total destruction or survival, the Chaplain would have his due. When his arm was replaced with a bionic enhancement scant weeks later, Daketh had made sure the fingers of the limb were made from the crown spikes of Azimeth's Iron Halo; in a final act of bitterness against the Minotaurs for killing so many of his belovedbrothers. To this day, the Master Of Sanctity leads from the front, refusing to back down from any challenge, his laughter filling the air as he fights, his crozius sweeping through the enemy, his right arm gleaming with golden fingers. He is the Emperors wrath incarnate."

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/megamarines/IMG_0632.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/megamarines/IMG_0635.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/megamarines/IMG_0634.jpg

-Matt ;)

That's cool, very nice little conversion... although I have to admit it serves as inspiration for a terminator squad I'm working on with a sergeant armed with a Lamenters power sword :unsure:

That's cool, very nice little conversion... although I have to admit it serves as inspiration for a terminator squad I'm working on with a sergeant armed with a Lamenters power sword B)

Go for it. :unsure:

Little bits of background in an army make it so much better, even if it's already great.

Archived