No retreat wounds in regard to who lost the combat.

dizzy-xc

Tried using the search feature and it returned an error, so here goes question:

Played an ork player and their mobs do a crap loada wounds... but as my fearless troops saved from most of them we were using unsaved wounds to calculate who lost the round when someone walked over and said we were doing it wrong. No retreat wounds are based off of total wounds, not unsaved. that would mean his orks would have me rolling a crap loada armor saves.

Which way is right?

You use casualties (or failed saves on models with multiple wounds) in exactly the sane way you would calculate normal combat results.

For instance you cause 20 to a unit and the save 12 of them. Your side then inflicted 8 unsaved wounds.

Your opponent cause 5 wounds to you and you pass just 1, you have now taken 4 unsavd wounds.

Usually your opponent would have lost combat by 4, and would suffer a -4 penalty to their leadership. As they are fearless they will instead take 4 wounds with armour saves allowed.

Ok so I was doing it right... Its based off who won by the difference of unsaved wounds. Thanks.

Yes, exactly, and please correct that other person before an ork player hits them with a choppa.

Slight deviation:

What effect does the cerabus launcher on the land speeder storm have? It causes a -2 ld modifier to assaulted squads that assault phase, so does that cause an extra 2 saves when rolling "no retreat" wounds?

Archived