From the Shadows the Spectres Come...

Ghostbear_100

So after being inspired by the amazing digital artists that post on B&C, and having spent several years now working in the same medium, I have a SM piece I felt wasn't half bad :lol:

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll214/Ghostbear_100/TerrorbladeWIPcopy.jpg

The figure is a Terrorblade, a special member of the Deaths Spectres company command squads (They are mentioned in the command squad description in the SM codex).

The Death Spectres chapter is one that has been intriguing me of late, and while going through my codex in my spare time, I passed over the name of these marines, and the name just sounded so awesome I had to come up with something.

This is still a WIP, and will be getting cleaned up and be given a background (of some kind), but I am really happy with the pose and the coloring.

The weapon I wanted to be something intimidating (inspired by the name obviously), but I didnt want to go with just a scythe weapon, but didn't know what else to go with, when I remembered the weapon a member of B&C put on a Azreal counts-as in one of the modelling comps recently (if whoever that was reads this, or if some else knows who it was please say so), that was perfect, being somewhat like a scythe, by different enough to not look so cliche.

C&C welcome.

Oh coool! That was me ^_^ :lol: I'm so glad I could be a source of inspiration, or my model anyway.

But yeah I think this looks pretty cool and I think the Death Spectres are pretty awesome myself. I have to say though, I can't really figure out his face? Is he looking at us or to the side, is he wearing a helm? And I think the back leg needs more of a foot..

But definitely a good looking start, good pose and texture to the armour. Great job!

@GooseDaMoose

First of all thanks for the inspiration.

The Marine is wearing a helmet, and is looking sideways out towards the viewers, but he has a hood up so that is partly obscuring that fact. Thats one of the things I'm going to be working on next, as that area is the one that I feel needs the most work at the moment.

@xscottfergox

Thanks for the compliments. And you are right, the lines do need to be sharpened. Thats something I've found to be one my issues with photoshop is getting a very defined line on objects. But thats why I like to work with photoshop: Very forgiving of mistakes, and eases the process of experimentation.

• 2 years later...

Hello again everyone!

After a very long time I have actually gotten around to drawing another Terrorblade!

Terrorblade

Based it mostly on the original idea, but went just for a line drawing this time (which is my stength).  Going to be doing some more to it in the future, such as making a cloud of smoke coming out of the vent on his backpack, and flames coming out of the skulls on his shoulder.

Credit to DeathSpectreSgt17 for motivating me to actually get this done and posted :D.

Archived