1st timer - Dark Angels

Mr Damnation

Overall they look great. Great paint jobs all around. I would say that the only issue would be the captain with the jump pack. His pose looks really odd and makes it look like he's standing in mid air. Other than that I can't see anything else that looks odd or out of place. Can't wait to see some more pics.

Paintjob is top notch, imo, but I'm not a fan of your conversions. The captain looks odd, the pose is not for a jump model. The techmarine is more or less the same, it looks more like he is flying instead of jumping, and that is not cool in my 40k. But what I really don't like is that you've turned the jump packs upside down. I mean, it is probably just a matter of what one knows, as it really could look normal when one hasn't seen how it was intended by GW, but it gets at me.

The thunderfire cannon on the rhino chassis does look very cool, however. Have you got more pictures of that?

Wow, that thunderfire cannon on the razorback is cool stuff, more pics please?

Also, I have to agree about the jumping/flying models. It sort of works on the captain... it would work better if he had wings on his backpack, like those blood angel models. From what I can tell from the picture, the techmarine looks like he tripped and is about to hit the ground, more pictures might clear that up.

Wait, I have to ask, what is that green blobby energy-ball thing coming out of the sergeant's bolt pistol in the background? If its plasma, it looks very nice (reminds me of plasma tech in Fallout), but might be coming out of the wrong barrel... :)

Anyways, painting and conversion are top notch (better than what I can do B) ), but the posing is a bit off.

Also, I have to agree about the jumping/flying models. It sort of works on the captain

Like i had said, thats what i was thinking when i was making it. Its the Black Reach Commander (with some DA bits added), and i really didnt want to change too much (any) of the legs/cloak, (plus the model itself is free standing when not on the flying base). I turned the jump pack upside down purely because i just fancied something unique. ... I think it worked ..?!

From what I can tell from the picture, the techmarine looks like he tripped and is about to hit the ground, more pictures might clear that up.

The techmarine was done because i lost the two tech-arms off the left of the model and had to replace them, i think the 'flying' pose sort of works. Reason being, the air-intake's for the engines are now on the front of the pack when he is lying down, i.e. he'd have to be flying as opposed to jumping for the air to flow through the engine. I'll add more pics later on.

Wow, that thunderfire cannon on the razorback is cool stuff

Thanks, i'll add some more pics later on.

Wait, I have to ask, what is that green blobby energy-ball thing coming out of the sergeant's bolt pistol in the background? If its plasma, it looks very nice (reminds me of plasma tech in Fallout), but might be coming out of the wrong barrel...

;) Definately the right barrel. I converted a combi-plasma-bolt pistol. Again, more pics later.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Techmarine

From what I can tell from the picture, the techmarine looks like he tripped and is about to hit the ground, more pictures might clear that up.

The techmarine was done because i lost the two tech-arms off the left of the model and had to replace them, i think the 'flying' pose sort of works. Reason being, the air-intake's for the engines are now on the front of the pack when he is lying down, i.e. he'd have to be flying as opposed to jumping for the air to flow through the engine. I'll add more pics later on.

gallery_59449_5691_30262.jpg

gallery_59449_5691_13555.jpg

gallery_59449_5691_108059.jpg

gallery_59449_5691_100624.jpg

gallery_59449_5691_126246.jpg

Archived