Weapon Destroyed

pryor

With the "Stronos" Razorback (Lascannon/Twin-linked Plasmaguns) does a Weapon Destroyed take out the whole turret or just the Lascannon/Twin-linked Plasmagun?

The BRB says a weapon is destroyed & does not say anything about co-axial weapons so am I right in saying that only 1 weapon is destroyed but the other can still be used?

Correct. A "Weapon Destroyed" result only takes out one of the guns.

If you encounter people that argue that they are coaxial and should be destroyed with a single hit, remind them that a hit with a coaxial weapon lets the weapon it is attached to re-roll misses. This should shut them up. :lol:

BRB FAQ

"Q: When a Damaged – Weapon Destroyed result is rolled

and a weapon is destroyed are any built-in, combi or coaxial

weapons attached to it also destroyed? (p61)

A: Yes."

SM FAQ

"Q: If a Razorback armed with a lascannon and twin-linked

plasma gun suffers a weapon destroyed result, does it

destroy both weapons or just one? (77)

A: Only one weapon – either the lascannon or the twinlinked

plasma gun."

Dreadnoughts' DCCW's have built-in weapons. Co-axial weapons exist in Ork and Imperial super-heavies, as well as the FW versions of certain IG tanks; the Vanquisher and Conqueror have them if I remember right. Chaos vehicles get combi-weapons. That FAQ entry covers all the bases rather nicely.

Im just always wondering... where does it says theyre co-axial or built in? Why do people continue seeing these words?

This is something I wonder every time this question comes up. The Space Marine Codex is very specific about it not being a co-axial. In fact I believe the phrase is "lascannon and twin-linked plasma gun". This isn't co-axial, it is quite clearly two separate weapon systems. If it was co-axial or built in it would say it is like the DCCW.

Yes, but a picture is worth a thousand words; people can't get over the fact that the old Stronos pattern model has all three guns mounted on the same turret, and 95% of the folks out there have never seen the co-axial rule (not in the BRB) so they make some assumptions based on intuitive thought.

BUT....there are many BA players using new razorbacks with one LC on the turret, and a home-made pintle mounted TLPG on a hatch. Too bad neither FW or GW has a proper turret (yet) for a Stronos pattern razor...

Archived