Salamanders LPC W.I.P.

KJB

Posted this over in the Index Astartes forum, thought I'd stick it up here as well to get as much advice as I can!!

So here is my progress so far...

My Tactical Marine is pretty much completed, may add a few extra flame details on him (Badab part 2 has some great ideas in it) There are a couple of other shots of him in my gallery (Back and side)

gallery_576_5694_367310.jpg

Next I'm painting my Assault Sergeant (at the moment I've pretty much completed the green, am now working on the metallics)

gallery_576_5694_109867.png

The Sternguard is next, he hasn't even been undercoated... ;) After reading the article about Armour in the Badab book, I decided to give him the Mk 8 torso and shoulder pads to show he is a well honoured member of the chapter.

gallery_576_5694_19414.png

Finally the Dreadnought, again, he isn't undercoated and I've since added a front plate to the sarcophagus for extra detail.

gallery_576_5694_990658.jpg

As it was Armageddon that got me back into things, there will be some Ork parts on the base (but not so much it looks like I've just glued the contents of my bitz box to the base...)

All comments and critique more than welcome, especially areas I can improve on (The highlights look much better in real life, especially the scorched barrel of the Melta gun, it's just the iPhone camera is not my friend when it comes to taking photo's of anything GW related, damn you Apple...)

Green recipe for anyone that's interested...

Undercoat Chaos Black

Base coat of Knarloc Green

Layer of Snot Green, leaving Knarloc Green showing in recesses etc

Wash of Thraka Green

Highlight of 2:1 mix of Snot Green:Scorpion Green

Highlight of 1:1 mix of Snot Green:Scorpion Green

Highlight Scorpion Green

Light wash of Badab Black into some armour joints (feet, crotch, neck etc)

Should have an updated picture of the Assault Marine sometime this week (hopefully) :cuss

Very smooth green love it!

That dreadnought is beautiful too, but are you going to GS the gap on the sarcophagos?

Thanks for the kind words, can you believe I didn't even notice the gap... :rolleyes:

I added one of the more detailed sarcophagus front sections on the other night and this covered up the gap, I'll take another photo tonight and upload it to show the difference!

@Lexington: Iron Hands tactical squad set I think, loads of cool bits in that.

Got it in one!

Cheers guys, I'm getting stuck into the assault marine at the moment - am having a nightmare with the jump pack, its one of the forge world red scorpions vanguard pieces, I'm 99.99% sure I soaked it and scrubbed it, the paint just isn't going on as well as I'd like - taking a bit longer then I'd like but I'm getting there!

Update time - Assault Marine

He's almost finished, just need to highlight every colour bar the green, paint some flames and finish the shield and the base...

gallery_576_5694_423442.jpg

And the base (from the booby traps and mine field markers resin box that came out with Planetstrike)

gallery_576_5694_2153662.jpg

As always, critique and advice most welcome

Update time...

Assault Sergeant is finished (until I decide on a battle damage style that I like) Here he is...

gallery_576_5694_3482.jpg

gallery_576_5694_579627.jpg

gallery_576_5694_76126.jpg

The flames look much better in person, they seem very flat and 2 dimensional in the picture for some unknown reason...

And here is an updated picture of my Sternguard veteran, just finished the wash, will start the highlighting later (and I've removed that mold line on the shoulder pad!!!)

gallery_576_5694_96418.jpg

Archived