Chaper Master Concept Art

Zynk Kaladin

med_gallery_52275_4552_70052.jpg

Just a concept pic for my chapter master. He usually carries a relic blade broadsword which I put on the model version of him (wish I had a camera), but I decided to go with dual power swords. I was playing too much Dragon Age with dual swords and all :P. Oh, and I did this listening to Metallica so I guess I was partly inspired by the music, too.

Actually some of the detail was too light for my scanner to pick it up. Hopefully I can get an update by tomorrow.

...the Night Angel's Codex is becoming more and more of a reality every day

Edit #1

If I might make a suggestion, with a normal marine 'dex, paying for two power swords is a waste, buy a plasma pistol, you get the extra attack in close combat, and you can shoot before you charge, or you can stick with a bolt pistol. But you can still model two swords, just stick a plasma pistol on his hip.

Some sweet artwork though. I think he needs something on his greaves.

special "hard core" power sword smite from a meteorite, that count as lightning claws?

because meteorite ore is the metal equivalent of deamon blood! you can explain everything with deamon blood

If I might make a suggestion, with a normal marine 'dex, paying for two power swords is a waste, buy a plasma pistol, you get the extra attack in close combat, and you can shoot before you charge, or you can stick with a bolt pistol. But you can still model two swords, just stick a plasma pistol on his hip.

My model actually has a relic blade broadsword (ala Emperor's Champion). Ill try to get a pic, but unfortunately I don't have a decent enough camera...

Some sweet artwork though. I think he needs something on his greaves.

My model does ;). Yes, I agree. I'm going for an eagle/angelic theme so probably something like this.

Hopefully I can get an update in tonight. I have a loooong day today. Thanks for the input so far guys!

med_gallery_52275_4552_230714.jpg

Ok I did some work on it during my break from classes today. I mainly accentuated the details and added the beginnings of eagle greaves. I also made the swords black with silver blades. Hopefully I can get this into photoshop and clean it up tonight.

Any ideas on what he's leaping on? I was thinking of having a chaos marine taking shots at him OR just keep it simple and have just a crescent moon behind him in the background (Night Angels and all). Thoughts/epic ideas?

Archived