The old deep strike question

Rob_Loken

Hey there, with the release of the Stormraven, I've been looking towards adding a Landraider to my force. Now apologies if this has already been brought up but, with a squad of scouts kitted up with camo cloaks and sniper rifles and the locator beacon, does that mean that my Landraider can ignore the scatter dice and land next to the scouts? Or does it ignore the locator beacon due to the speed it's being flown at? Because I can see that being quite nasty. Cheers for any replies. And again sorry if it's been discussed to death.

I've tried it with a drop pod that came in first turn. The LRR came in in the second turn, wedged between a couple of squads and terrain, worked very nicely. Might not have worked if my opponent had shot more at the pod though.

The Stormraven can also be fitted with a beacon, by the way.

VERY NASTY INDEED! I drop-pod a DC Dread in behind the enemy on Turn 1 and then my DC Redeemer usually gets in on T2 or T3. Out of 20 tries, only one guy was smart enough to blow the pod up. But then that squad got decimated by an angry Dread with talons. Despite having no beacon, my Redeemer did sucessfully deep-strike and added to the fray. Scouts with cloaks would be a ton more reliable, but just not as scary as the Dread and his pod.

waaait, bloodangels can deepstrike a landraider? what the deuce? does it have wings?

We're an impatient chapter when it comes to combat, we push our landraiders out the back of thunderhawks and into combat

;) Cheers man! That made me laugh :D

Well it's good to know that most peoples experiences have been good with this sort of tactic. When it was intiially announced I assumed that it would be an exception to the locator beacon due to sheer amount of armour and firepower that a Landraider could bear.

Archived