Blindhamster's 3rd Company Blog, LPC and onward

Blindhamster

Wow. I didn't saw anything like this for a looong time. Dante, Tycho and Ranor conversions are the best of all in this army.

I wish I could some day do such great minis. They are great, no doubt

• 3 weeks later...

Good afternoon to all!

I figure I should provide an update

Progress has been somewhat good... somewhat bad. I'll explain

The Tactical squad that was early wip previously is now at a 'looking pretty finished' stage, though the squad actually needs a lot of highlights etc done still.

Dante's Honour Guards were victims of what I shall refer to as 'modelpocalypse' This is the dreaded event when the girlfriend drops a bunch of DVDs on them. The result was bits of marine all over the room... seriously nearly every model was reduced to far too many bits :( I did manage to fix them for the most part however.

I've got both the other tactical squads sprayed red now... which leads onto the other part of the 'somewhat bad' I actually purchased Army Painter red spray paint. The first can (which was used on the second two tactical squads and the assault squad) was awesome, the effect it gave was near identical to my airbrush, but in next to no time. The second can however.... was awful :( It came out shiny and a dodgy consistency despite vigorous shaking. The result was my vanguard and honour guard getting ruined to a great extent...

I do also have a contemptor dread built and in a pose that should fit in with the army as a whole.

Anyway, I'm at work so shall post pictures this evening :)

@Lord Ragnarok: Thanks mate, you know the reason you likely missed it is my inability to post regularly in it! :)

@Machinepriest: Thanks As the above shows, seeing them painted may be a while off... though Dante might end up being an early treat for me at this rate!

@1000heathens: Cheers mate, I've got to admit that your Marines Malevolent blog has been a joy to read, so it's an honour that you're impressed by my stuff

@MasterChaplainAstador: Lol, I've offered to do commissions in the past, with my inability to keep my own projects running smoothly, it's something I've backed away from.

@Terminatorinhell: Do you mean the one with one foot slightly on a slab? It's a Black Templar head and torso, with an armour plate similar to the new mk3 marines added, the legs are then heavily modified (much like everything else) He is actually a mk3 marine... but I made him about 1.5-2 years ago :P So it predates Forgeworlds release.

@cathar the great: Originally they took me quite a long time to do, and the work is a little sloppy on the older models. My Assault squad which was the most recent bar the honour guard came out much better and took only 30 or so mins per model not including the cutting... the reason it takes me so long is I can rarely be bothered to cut up legs! :)

@AlexCrute: Thanks mate... yeah the issues of my camera skills are noted, I'll try and get a light box sorted out in the near future to get some reasonable pictures!

@sponsra: heh, I think the tipping over marine is mostly down to angle of the picture, he doesn't really seem to have the same flaw in person oddly....

@asw thunderlord: thanks! Pictures later on today hopefully!

@MagicMan: Cheers, and also cool avatar jay and silent bob = win

@Leonidus: Thanks, it's been a long time in the making even to this point, mostly because I'm too lazy!

@DarkVen: Dante and Tycho had considerably longer put into them, though still less than might be expected! Ranor is actually my Deathwatch RPG character so again got some extra love Coincidentally If anyone in Birmingham plays Deathwatch, let me know!

@Arbedark: Thanks! :D

@ancient god: Cheers mate, I like how we both seem to inspire the other, now get back to work! I needs to see more ancient god Blood Angels!!

Pictures later today of as much as I can!

hey dude, it sucks to hear that the honour guard got explodified and that youve had some primer issues (worst kind of paint issue imho can be a ball ache to fix)

camera wise you dont specifically need a light box.. just take your pics on a single colour background (im currently using a bit of card sprayed grey although army case foam also works.) and make sure you're using the macro setting (if available) on your camera/phone.. lighting wise 2 daylight bulbs with proper filters for the win.. but failing that i use natural light from my kitchen windows.

on the deathwatch front.. if you ever make it down to solihull on a monday *shakes fist* we've got a load of people wanting to do dark heresy and im sure i could convince them to do deathwatch too..

• 7 months later...

so.... I may have to update this at some point.

After the horrors that happened to a large part of the army mid last year I took a bit of a break from them. However...

I purchased one of each kind of forgeworld heresy style armour, some different weapon kits, an additional set of sanguinary guard, a whole lot of random bits, a contemptor..... and a....

Thunderhawk...yeah thats right, I have a thunderhawk in bits in my front room :D

I've also got a game at warhammer world on saturday this week. Will try and get pics of overall army progress.

I've got 3 tacticals (10 are mostly painted) 20 assault marines plus a selection of vanguard and sternguard plus armour etc... will have pics of the game if nothing else ;)

• 1 month later...

heh, so the game at warhammer world was a bit of a let down, as we only got to play a couple of turns.

I also had to swap about half of the bits of the thunderhawk, which didnt arrive till a couple weeks ago, and then my time was lost to finishing ME3 and our front room becoming a place with no space.... however, yesterday I started heating and refitting the replacement bits (basically the entire upper half of the T-Hawk.

I'll get around to taking pics of everything else soon enough, I just invested in a decent pretty large book shelf purely to display my (incomplete) models on. Will also invest in decent lights for better photo taking... in the meantime, a couple of actual pictures, mostly to say thanks to the few that actually bother to check in :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/blindhamster/P1020475.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/blindhamster/P1020474.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/blindhamster/P1020473.jpg

Note to Self: Never ever buy another one.

looking good so far.. doesnt look like its caused too much pain and suffering. you at the open day this sunday? ill be around harassing the design people for some fire angel lovin' knowing full well it wont happen.

im not sure of the exact time.. we arent the most organized bunch.. if i have my way 10am.. if the guy driving has his way.. probably closer to 11.. :D

if you want i can do the facebook thing when we're setting off/get there, its been a while so itll be good to see you (or be in the same location and miss each other somehow again)

OH MY GOD! THIS WORK IS JUST FANTASTIC!

I don't expectation this! It is fully different my Ultramarine 2nd Company ... it is too Great!

I really impression. Maybe you'll be my mentor... lol - I'll see your work closely!

Archived