Shiny new things - need advice

garfey

Hi guys,

Need some advice from the collective wisdom of the forums. My new Stormraven and Furioso kits arrived today and now I don't know what to build the dread as.

I'm currently going with a DoA / JP type list consisting of:

HQ - Astorath (or Mephiston / Sanguinor)

Elite - Furioso Dread (Blood fists)

Troops - 6 x DC with JPs + Lemartes

Troops - 10 man Assault Squad with JPs

Heavy - Stormraven

I'm thinking of a DC dread to load up in the Stormraven. Or a Libby dread for the Psychic powers but i'm not sure.

ideas appreciated!

garf

Simple! Don't Glue the front Sarcophogos into the dreadnaught, don't glue the arms on or the Dread CC hands. Be sure to glue the stormbolter to the right hand, then you can easily swap between Furioso dread with talons or fists ( You need to find 2 extra Bloodfist fingers but I made 2 easily out of Green stuff), a Furioso with a Frag Cannon, or a Libby dread. The Magna grapple sits really nicly ontop of the dread, you can clip it on and it holds by itself upside down. All you need is a little bit of blue tac inside the main hull to clip the different Sacrophogoses to.

Well the fluff says they are repainted black on the eve of the battle so my plan is to paint my dc sarchy's front black and have the sides blend back into red. If anyone questions this the technarines/sang priests did not have Enough time to repaint the entire dread.

where does it say that the DC dreads had to be black? they could just as easily be red, but with the cross symbols being black on the red body ;) that would actually be a very nice colour scheme...

in other news, i get my dread and raven tonight :cuss

Grizzly makes a good point. I personally love the Furioso with Talons, heavy flamer, melta-gun, and extra armor. That 13 front AV can REALLY make a difference. I've had countless AP rolls end up as 12 in the last year. I'd say about 60% of the shots taken at the Dread end up as 12. So that 13 front AV is dirty.

Really the furioso and DC dread should be in melee, so with extra armor you're never going to lose his effectiveness. So he can't shoot, oh no! (sarcasm) Those re-rolling lightning claws and additional attacks per wound will usually make short work of whatever they get in melee.

If you keep the dreadnought powerfists, get a magna-grapple. I Feel like I'm playing Scorpion from Mortal Kombat every time my dread would pull a tank close and then tear it apart, if it didn't kill it with the magna grapple shot to begin with that is.

Cheers for the responses so far :P Yeah buying another kit just for the DC dread has crossed my mind but with the stormraven I've rinsed enough money this month on models already (not to mention i could do with a 2nd stormraven... how awesome would one look in DC colours!). I suppose I could just paint the sarcophagus black but that doesn't feel right.

Does anyone think the Libby dread is a viable option then? Seems like most people would go for a furioso or DC.

Cheers,

Garf

@Dark - Cheers, I wondered if it was more of a gimmick than a real viable option - that force weapon does look so cool though

@Bradley - now that we need to see!! Get some photos on the boards for us, and good luck with the work!

For what it's worth, I agree with Dark Legionnare on the Librarian Furioso.

As for my Stormraven and DC happiness, they're coming! I'm waiting on Forgeworld doors, but I'll hopefully be getting started before they arrive. Also, I have to do my LPC vow. ;)

Sigh, so much painting to do...

Archived