WIP Raven Guard Shadow Captain

Centurion Tom

Hi guys here's a shadow captain I have been working on. The cape is my first attempt at modelling. He was originally going to have a jump pack but I decided against. C&C appreciated.

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae77/Catesy2021/DSCF0087.jpg

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae77/Catesy2021/DSCF0096.jpg

Dude, awesome job on the sculpting for a beginner! One thing that's bothering me is the motionless purity seals. Even his cape is very flat for a figure who appears to be breaking into a running position. Either way not a bad start at all! Let's see it painted up. :)

That a really cool model. What FW Marine armour kit did you use for the legs??

Make sure to varnish the resin before undercoating & then painting. It help to key in the paint, to help it stick on/not come off as much when apply onto resin parts, just stuff been told/taught while I done a NQ to HND model making course. FW staffer tend to say as well from time to time to varnish the resin before undercaoting & then painting..

IP

Thanks for the reply's

Darth Potato: I see what you mean about the purity seals, i only we added them for detail, may move the one on the right shoulder pad. I know what you mean about the cape to but I doubt I can do much better at the moment. Still I've repositioned him a bit so the orc skull is moving the cape away from his body slightly.

Insane Psychopath: The legs are from the Corvus pack. thanks for the tip about varnishing first.

:)...IP...thats freakin awesome tip man!!! have painted a bunch of resin figs and have had occasional issues with getting paints to stay n place...find that issue on a lot of 2nd hand FW stuff I pick up on ebay as I dont think folks wash the resin well enough to get the mold release off as well...

dude..righteous captain!!

DavidKits: Yep Red Scorpion honour guard.

Killian Doyle: I just find a cape helps the captain stand out from the rest of the troops.

I'm putting together a command squad to roll with him. Although not today as I'm extremely hungover....

Archived