Ork Wargear, Multiple attack Squigs?

obs0l3te

Was reading the rules for my orks and noticed something...after a friendly debate with a friend of mine.

WarBoss

Box reads....

May Take any of the following:

-Warbike......?Points

-Ammo Runt......?points

-Attack Squig....?points

I know you can't do it, but WHERE does it say I cannot take Multiple attack squigs for +1 attack?

Where does it say I can't take two warbikes for +2 toughness.

It says "any of the following."

If you read the rest of the book it has sections like this with Bosspoles, weapons and such. It even reads in the Big Mek section May take up to three Grot oilers (specifying only three)

After some research we noticed the rule of 10 meaning you cannot make a stat above 10 and can't take more than 6 attack squigs.

Fact of the matter is I know you can't take more than one... but i'm having issues proving that you can't take more than one.... I know this is a silly small debate... but we would like some closer.

little help? Need page references and solid material.

NO GW bashing please! or assumptions. RAI and RAW only.

Well...

It doesn't have any singular language in the sections.

The other Codex's (Before and after this book) either have a paragraph that says only one, no multiples, or says take one of the following.

this book simply says... Any of the following and doesn't say "An" or "one" its listed just like I wrote it.

And no where in the book does it say can only take one of these, and cannot duplicate wargear.

Black Templars says may only take one of the following in the wargear section. Blood Angels list says "Replaces (insert weapon here) with (insert new weapon here)"

Space Marines say may only take one.

The closest thing I can find is like frost blades the +1 STR doesn't stack.

Like I said the whole thing is silly. But I need a lil' help with this one... Any one with a brain knows you can only ride one bike.. but these... ARE Orks and are Prone to do stupid and crazy things like riding two bikes.... but again.. seriously.. ?

Meh, frost blades dont stack because of the wording of multiple special close combat weapons.

Here, in the case of wargear/weapon options, the singular is in each and every upgrade. You may take 'attack squig' at +xpts. Not 'attack squigs' at +xpts.

If somebody was bonkers enough to model up an ork warboss riding two bikes welded together, his feet on the seats as he stands roaring definace, chains on the handle bars being held in one hand, while he wields a cat 'o ninetails whip that is actually made of 5 attack squigs bound together with their tails as the handle, while a small horde of ammo grots cling to the bikes for sheer life ....I think i'd let him get the extra stats just from the sheer awesome factor.

Yeap I would have to let him use the Ork warboss of death and doom. Would make a great saga when my wolf lord cut him in two... but on a side note.. yes it says attack squig, but it says may take ANY of the following.

Issue is orks are 4th ed. and I think the 4th ed book said... no double wargear.

If somebody was bonkers enough to model up an ork warboss riding two bikes welded together, his feet on the seats as he stands roaring definace, chains on the handle bars being held in one hand, while he wields a cat 'o ninetails whip that is actually made of 5 attack squigs bound together with their tails as the handle, while a small horde of ammo grots cling to the bikes for sheer life ....I think i'd let him get the extra stats just from the sheer awesome factor.

LOL Someone has to model that!

Even if it is not clear that you can't take more than one attack squig, there is no benifit to taking more than one. The rules don't say that the attack squig gives you +1 attack, it says you get +1 attack if you have an attack squig.

Even if it is not clear that you can't take more than one attack squig, there is no benifit to taking more than one. The rules don't say that the attack squig gives you +1 attack, it says you get +1 attack if you have an attack squig.

This is probably the most sensible answers to the question.

You can also cite Kaptain Badrukk as an example of why the rules actually mean you can take one. His entry allows you to take up to 3 ammo runts, rather than the usual wording which we should assume means you can only take 1.

If they had meant you to take multiples they would have stated it (well they should have stated it, we cant give GW too high a standard now can we)

You can also cite Kaptain Badrukk as an example of why the rules actually mean you can take one. His entry allows you to take up to 3 ammo runts, rather than the usual wording which we should assume means you can only take 1.

Or maybe they are just limited how many runts he can take?

Archived