IH Iron Father designs

Im planning a conversion for an upcoming Iron Hands force, and before I started work on the Iron Father, I decided that some finalisation on the Iron Father model design was needed. I want something a bit different than "just a techmarine with a new paintjob". For this I wanted to create a symbol combining both the aquilla and the AdMech symbol, because the Iron Fathers venerate both the Omnissiah and the Emperor. I also needed a weapon design specific to the Iron Father, because although they are commonly shown wielding a power axe, I think an IF specific CC weapon would help distinguish them. A theme I want to carry across the army is chain-mail, in place of where robes for vetans would commonly be used to make the IH more individual.

So here are a few quick sketches I made (sorry for the picture quality):

gallery_53779_5712_283651.jpg

axe design incorporating aquilla, admech symbol and IH insignia

gallery_53779_5712_130829.jpg

torso piece Im considering using for the Iron Father

gallery_53779_5712_311941.jpg

two power-weapon design, alongside a banner top design featuring a symbol Im thinking of using across my Iron Father minis, so that they can be more easily distinguished

if there are any suggestions at all for improvig these, please post them, and as allways C&C is welcome B)

From what I can tell of your sketches, they look pretty good, though I cant help feeling it looks like a Crozius Arcanum with an Ad Mech symbol B) Still though, it will be unique and make your Iron Father stand out. :P

From what I can tell of your sketches, they look pretty good, though I cant help feeling it looks like a Crozius Arcanum with an Ad Mech symbol :tu: Still though, it will be unique and make your Iron Father stand out. ;)

Isn't an Iron Father the Iron Hands mix of a Chaplain and a Techmarine? Not too familiar with their fluff, but if that is the case an AdMech Crozius would fit.

From what I can tell of your sketches, they look pretty good, though I cant help feeling it looks like a Crozius Arcanum with an Ad Mech symbol :lol: Still though, it will be unique and make your Iron Father stand out. ;)

Isn't an Iron Father the Iron Hands mix of a Chaplain and a Techmarine? Not too familiar with their fluff, but if that is the case an AdMech Crozius would fit.

Ohh, I just assumed it was their term for a High Techmare/MotF. If it is a Chaplain/Tech, then it works perfectly! :rolleyes:

thanks guys ;)

yeah, the Iron Fathers are supposed to represent chaplain/techmarienes (and also in some fluff apothecaries) but the only replace chaplains in the IH chapter.

I think of their beleifs as a kind of trinity: ferrus mannus, the emperor and the AdMech

Next up should be a full-body armour design, showing mail "robes"

(one problem i am having is making a distinct helmet, as i think the skull is too chaplain, any ideas?)

Archived