BA for combat patrol

Maalis

Next week I'm going to play some combat patrol, starting at 500 points. At first I was thinking of fielding a five-man JP DC with a few PW's (I know, I know..)+JP chaplain and a ten-man tac squad. Now I thought about adding a five-man assault squad to the list and taking the Chaplain out. My question is this: is it worth to lose the DC re-rolls for another five guys on the table? In any case, I will keep DC in my list, so no need for "don't field JP DC in combat patrol!" :rolleyes:

Next week I'm going to play some combat patrol, starting at 500 points. At first I was thinking of fielding a five-man JP DC with a few PW's (I know, I know..)+JP chaplain and a ten-man tac squad. Now I thought about adding a five-man assault squad to the list and taking the Chaplain out. My question is this: is it worth to lose the DC re-rolls for another five guys on the table? In any case, I will keep DC in my list, so no need for "don't field JP DC in combat patrol!" ;)

I did a hilarious Combat patrol army which was just 6 or 7 DC with jump packs and Lemartes. Didn't win, but it was fun to play.

I think the 5 assault marines would probably be better than the chaplain, but the DC/Chaplain combo could be more fun.

Next week I'm going to play some combat patrol, starting at 500 points. At first I was thinking of fielding a five-man JP DC with a few PW's (I know, I know..)+JP chaplain and a ten-man tac squad. Now I thought about adding a five-man assault squad to the list and taking the Chaplain out. My question is this: is it worth to lose the DC re-rolls for another five guys on the table? In any case, I will keep DC in my list, so no need for "don't field JP DC in combat patrol!" ;)

I did a hilarious Combat patrol army which was just 6 or 7 DC with jump packs and Lemartes. Didn't win, but it was fun to play.

I think the 5 assault marines would probably be better than the chaplain, but the DC/Chaplain combo could be more fun.

Yeah, I think I'll try both lists and see what happens..thanks for the advice..

Archived