my painting challenge 2011

wooday_218

Ok so I've just taken my very first vow to get my black templars finished but for obvious reasons didn't want to overstretch so I've vowed to paint a 5 man crusader squad and an attack bike, I will be posting stage by stage pics and your comments are welcome !gallery_50739_5215_76252.jpg

These models have had halfords black spray paint for undercoat ,quite a while ago though, so they will need a touch up. Then about four layers of skull white watered down on the shoulderpads and cloak, I like to add sword brethren models to my squads to give them abit of character, plus in the game PA sword brethren are overpriced an pretty much a no no, so gotta find use some how ! . ;)

I've decided to paint each individual instead of squad at a time , I know it takes longer but I find I get better results , Next I've started doing the metalics on the sword brethren model, first I've done them boltgun metal then methril silver, and the gold is tin bits followed by shining gold , all the paints are extremely watered down and will take 2-3 coats minimum,

I've decided to paint each individual instead of squad at a time , I know it takes longer but I find I get better results , gallery_50739_5215_66566.jpgNext I've started doing the metalics on the sword brethren model, first I've done them boltgun metal then methril silver, and the gold is tin bits followed by shining gold , all the paints are extremely watered down and will take 2-3 coats minimum,

I would say you are watering your paints down to much, add water but only enough to keep the paint "wet" and that you get a smooth covering. You are giving yourself extra work there.

Its difficult to tell the end result at the moment, theres a lot of untidy areas to touch up but as you say it still is a WIP. Is that a green highlight you've used there or just the camera flash has made it look.

Last night I started on few more bits , the powersword is now finished and the face has a few coats on, went over the metalics again and gave the cape white on the outside n dark red on the inner, I'm thinking of trying to freehand small templar crosses on the inside around the edge of cape , what do you guys think? gallery_50739_5215_597886.jpg

Archived