Pre-Heresy Iron Hands

Doghouse

you managed to inspire me for a conversion of my own with the sergeant holding the helmet ;p

I'm a sucker for pre heresy goodness , and your work always stands out :)

Love the old plasma gun btw , i may need to hunt a couple down myself lol

• 1 month later...

Cheers guys.

Brother Garrod: Yeah the old plasma gun is nice, it's from the old first edition plastic Orks if that's any help to you.

Mr.Malevolent: For the black I used chaos black as the base coat, go over that with chaos black with a little codex grey mixed in and then highlight with the same but with more codex grey mixed in.

Been a while but here's an update.

WIP Hussar Knight Titan

After pouncing on the GK dread knight kit as soon as it hit the shelves I soon realised that the model was too small to be able to fit a head capable of housing a human sized model without looking wrong.

So what I've done is make the head small and have the pilot located in the torso creating a smaller class of knight titan.

This guy is still very much WIP but the idea is that although I love the old background material for the knights I need to make this a very different beast.

Using what I can remember vaguely from mechanium this guy will have been used by the ad-mech on the forefront of the crusade during the early days.

As I'm using the dread knight model as the basis I see the Hussar as a sort of forerunner to the GK DK.

I've mostly sculpted the head and a lot of the torso but kept the sword arm the same just to keep things simple. As I'm using the Bjorn the Fell Handed rules to represent this monster I'm opting for a DCCW and a twin linked laascannon for the weapons along with a heavy flamer I'll bung on at some point.

I'm planning another larger tracked admech robot at the moment and the idea will be that this guy is there to protect it.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2h3397r.jpg

Archived