Ork Mega-armor: can you sweeping advance?

Hazelnut

If an Ork unit is wearing mega-armor, can it get to sweep the losing side away after an assault?

I would have thought that like TDA it would not be able to, but I can't find that written anywhere.

If it's not written somewhere, then no, you can't enforce it. If they were restricted from sweeping advance then it would be written under mega-armour. If it isn't there, then they can sweeping advance.

Thank you all for your responses. Confirms that I wasn't being blind and just missing it. Seems a little odd that Orks with a ton of metal armor with low tech skills can, but the marines with higher tech TDA cannot... still, now I know.

A Warboss and 5 Meganobz blew away my 9 Grey Hunters and Rune Priest in a single round because they fell back after rolling 12 on the morale and were swept away. :-o I did take down the boss and give a couple of wounds, but it made no difference. Tough whatsits aren't they!

Thank you all for your responses. Confirms that I wasn't being blind and just missing it. Seems a little odd that Orks with a ton of metal armor with low tech skills can, but the marines with higher tech TDA cannot... still, now I know.

A Warboss and 5 Meganobz blew away my 9 Grey Hunters and Rune Priest in a single round because they fell back after rolling 12 on the morale and were swept away. :-o I did take down the boss and give a couple of wounds, but it made no difference. Tough whatsits aren't they!

orks are much bigger and more muscular than marines. maybe that's why they can move better in their armor.

Marines can't get swept. Codex Marines can't because of 'And They Shall Know No Fear'. Don't know about Wolves but don't they have that rule too?

Marines can't get swept. Codex Marines can't because of 'And They Shall Know No Fear'. Don't know about Wolves but don't they have that rule too?

Yeah, all the loyalist Space Marines have ATSKNF. Sweeping advances do still matter a little bit for marines; it's just that instead of being completely wiped out the unit only takes No Retreat wounds.

TDA is repurposed maintence suit for working within plasama reactors. It was not originaly desighned as combat gear. Mega armor was. Also do not understimat the tech skills of orkz. they have guns that are litteraly hand held teleporters that drill a portal through the warp.

I thought that the majority of Ork tech was powered through low level psychic energy rather than any actual tech. As in a Marine couldn't fire an Ork gun because it is junk, but an Ork believes that it is a gun and so therefore it fires.

I thought that the majority of Ork tech was powered through low level psychic energy rather than any actual tech. As in a Marine couldn't fire an Ork gun because it is junk, but an Ork believes that it is a gun and so therefore it fires.

That means we would be in real trouble if some Ork ever got it into his head that all shootas and sluggas are AP3...

Archived