LPC 2011: Angelus Erribus

Aias

So, I was a fool who decided to sign up for the Librarium challenge, though I have luckily gotten some of the work done. I did make it something a little bit easy, as I know I tend to let myself get distracted, but then I was also a fool and decided to sign up for a tournament at the end of February. Nothing like twin deadlines to focus the mind, right? :P

Anyway, I pledged two assault squads and two librarians. Seeing as I only run one libby in my list, I decided to make the second one my version of Mephiston just to make things interesting, and to give me something to work on in March. I'd already started painting one of the assault squads (just one color over the primer, so nothing major), and have managed to finish it already, so without further ado, here's the pictures. Not the best, as the best camera I have is my phone, but such is life, neh?

Assault Squad 1 at contest start:

IMAG0034.jpg

Squad 1 Sergeant, same time:

IMAG0036.jpg

Squad 2 (reused some shoulder pads from previous models, which will be blacked before painting):

IMAG0064.jpg

Librarian 1:

IMAG0048.jpg

Chief Librarian Aias, Mephiston count-as:

IMAG0049.jpg

And, seeing as I've already finished the first Assault Squad, here's the pics of that:

Full Squad:

IMAG0056.jpg

Close ups of the two halves:

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

Sergeant:

IMAG0052.jpg

If I'm lucky, I'll have something else to show by next week. Should I be extremely lucky, I'll have a couple other units to show, as well.

Well, got one Librarian finished, so thought I'd put him up. I know that the face is pretty bad, but I did the best I could. There's a reason why I prefer helmets, lol. That said, I am rather proud of the armor and am very happy with how the model turned out overall. So here we are, then:

IMAG0069.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

Archived