Shooty dread concept

rusty1109

Hi all,

I'm just about to start work on my second dreadnought.

It's going to be mainly used as a shooty dread and I want it to be original so...

I'm going to give it 4 legs, shouldn't be too hard to do and seems pretty sensible to me as 4 legs would sacrifice mobility for stability.

He's going to basically be a mobile tarantula turret!

I'll be starting him today / tomorrow and will get pics up when I do, in the meantime what do you guys think of the idea?

hey buddy!

i always planned on doing something like this but never got around to doing this!

ages ago GW had converted dreads on a page and i seen a 4 legged one and saved it for future reference (2008 and still not used the idea!)

well heres the images:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o239/wisecrak/Charon_back_530.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o239/wisecrak/Charon_side_600.jpg

Wisey B)

HAHA, that looks like a chrome hound. lol (xbox 360)

i keep thinking of doing a similar dread, as a rifleman (walking hydra flak tank anyone?)

having said that, would it work for an ironclad? (could just imagine it 'locking down' to fire both HK missles)

Hi all,

Ok I've made a start, just need another set of leg armour plates to finish the look.

The legs don't sit flat but i'm not too worried, i'll customise the base and hopefully it will look really cool, the four legs conforming to the terrain.

And I've gone OTT with converting the top half as well lol, I may run it as an ironclad occasionally, otherwise the launchers will just be for looks.

Thoughts everyone?

gallery_44139_3380_403310.jpg

gallery_44139_3380_2291114.jpg

it looks like the legs would walk it in circles.

have you considered using 4 sentinel legs? the extra missle buts look cool - maybe the shoulders fire frag and the arm has krak?

i have spare sentinel legs at home, i'll have to see if they work

REASON FOR EDIT: - probably to late to suggest that

Don't like it. Don't get me wrong, like the idea, but your leg layout doesn't look like it would work.

May I suggest that you remove the launchers off the top, remount one in the center and use the second one as a "body" ,without the missile front, on it's side. Thinking centaur like layout.

Just mine two cents so.....

Archived