Grey Knight Rumors Thread

Marmande

Truce with the DE? Wasn't that just a joke because I can't remember reading it. Well at least DE are more open to some reasoning, even if it'll devolve into a back-stabbing afterwards. Up until the BA codex it many of us wouldn't even have thought that Necrons would be open to truces at all.

Well a more independant Necron Lord or a C'tan might be for their own reasons. I suspect we'll see Necron Lords be far more 'interactive' in the next Necron codex.

Well a more independant Necron Lord or a C'tan might be for their own reasons. I suspect we'll see Necron Lords be far more 'interactive' in the next Necron codex.

Same here - not happy enough knocking the Grey Knights of their elitist, purer-than-thou pedestal, GW now beckon Necrons to talk more about their problems and get in touch with their emotions. This cussing type of new-age political correctness will be the death of grimdark.

Same here - not happy enough knocking the Grey Knights of their elitist, purer-than-thou pedestal, GW now beckon Necrons to talk more about their problems and get in touch with their emotions. This cussing type of new-age political correctness will be the death of grimdark.

You exagerate. The Deceiver for instance has been portrayed as interacting with mortals for his amusement.

I always found it a bit silly that there were no temporary alliances at times. Which does not mean there isn't an instant backstab afterwards.

About the Inquisition... there it has popped up before that each Ordos has it's priorities and sometimes goes about their way oddly to achieve things. To kill Daemons a Malleus Inquisitor would (temporarily) ally with an alien I think but only if truly necessary.

As for the Necrons well... we don't know much about them in truth. Like previous Dark Eldar fluff, things really need to be worked out.

I can understand Lords having a little self thought as the C'Tan have no interest in leading armies and such, but fighting alongside BA and then calling a truce is a bit much, unless the new codex explains that they understand honor...highly doubt it since they exist solely so the C'Tan can munch on you.

Moving back to Grey Knights is Matt Ward writing the dex? as the fluff is written like every other piece he has done. All entries are written like they are the best of the best but then have a wildly extravagent tale on how awesome they are, and then have a dark secret that is explained fully but not meant to be...

I can understand Lords having a little self thought as the C'Tan have no interest in leading armies and such, but fighting alongside BA and then calling a truce is a bit much, unless the new codex explains that they understand honor...highly doubt it since they exist solely so the C'Tan can munch on you.

Moving back to Grey Knights is Matt Ward writing the dex? as the fluff is written like every other piece he has done. All entries are written like they are the best of the best but then have a wildly extravagent tale on how awesome they are, and then have a dark secret that is explained fully but not meant to be...

The GK's have a dark secret?

I'm sure Mr. Ward will be upset that his tactics have been so easily rumbled. :lol:

You exagerate. The Deceiver for instance has been portrayed as interacting with mortals for his amusement.

I always found it a bit silly that there were no temporary alliances at times. Which does not mean there isn't an instant backstab afterwards.

About the Inquisition... there it has popped up before that each Ordos has it's priorities and sometimes goes about their way oddly to achieve things. To kill Daemons a Malleus Inquisitor would (temporarily) ally with an alien I think but only if truly necessary.

As for the Necrons well... we don't know much about them in truth. Like previous Dark Eldar fluff, things really need to be worked out.

Me exaggerate? :)

Still, not sure that the Deceiver fully exemplifies the mindset of the Necrons - C'Tan are a different monster that shouldn't be so easily lumped in with their slaving automatons.

I'm sure Mr. Ward will be upset that his tactics have been so easily rumbled. :lol:

Me exaggerate? Well the aim was to be controversial yet silly. One out of two ain't bad. :)

Still, not sure that the Deceiver fully exemplifies the mindset of the Necrons - C'Tan are a different monster that shouldn't be so easily lumped in with their slaving automatons.

True but each C'tan is unique and as far as we know those Necrons had 'orders'.

Most likely though it'll just stay a footnote in 40K fluff, forgotten bij most in an edition or 2...

It's not a secret when your head dude is whipping it around ever battle he sees.

Crowe : Hey guys! Check this out...I can write my name! /eerie light, swishing sounds

Everyone : /groan

I think he meant the reference to the "ancient evil" under Mt. Anarch

Reading over some of the stuff, my big question is the how the squad based psychic powers will stack with a psyker IC that joins their squad.

Ex. Crowe joins a unit of Purifiers.

At the beginning of Assault, Cleansing Flame get popped by the Flame Knight and then again by Crowe.

OR

Since the IC has joined the squad, they can only pop off 1 Cleansing Flame as a unit based off of Crowe.

I really want the former to be true, but the latter seems more logical.

They actually cover that in the rules, if I recall.

If an independant Psyker character joints a unit of GKSS for instance, they are separate in terms of psyhic power usage (Crowe can use one and the Justicar can use the other). It also helps that you may never use an IC's leadership for pskyer-tests, further dividing the line on who can cast what, when.

Quick note, and I am sorry to say this, Crowe isn't an IC. From what I have been able to glean from the draft PDF Vindicatus has it totally right. This is due in part to the Brotherhood of Psykers rule, no character appears to have this rule and therefore doesn't count as part of the "brotherhood."

On that note, does anyone know if HHs can stack?

It seems to me that they would be able to, as the only limitation on psychic powers is that you can't cast the same one twice in one turn. If the Justicar is casting HH, and a Libby is casting HH, neither has cast it more than once, they just benefit from both castings.

That's the way I view it!

That might lead to some abuse! A squad with libby could cast it, have the Libby cast it, then have the libby cast Might of titan. That's a whole lot of St7 Powerweapons attack (St8 w/hammers!).

Phil

As Resv says I think it revolves around the unit having the special rule 'brotherhood of psykers' and the character not.

And cleansing flame twice... mmmm... yes you've got furious charge and re-rolls, but you're all dead. Sorry.

~Gil :P

p.s On a side note -

Purifier squad + Crowe + librarian (mastery lvl 2).

Set off 3 cleansing flames and if you assault you could use something like warprift too :)

3 cleansing flames on MEQ kills 42% of enemies, swish eh? Then I suppose it comes down to whether the +1 str +1 int. re rolls factor in... hmmm...

p.s On a side note -

Set off 3 cleansing flames and if you assault you could use something like warprift too ;)

3 cleansing flames on MEQ kills 42% of enemies, swish eh? Then I suppose it comes down to whether the +1 str +1 int. re rolls factor in... hmmm...

Can the libby actually have cleansing flame? I didn't see it on his list of psychic powers.

It would be awesome if he could!

p.s On a side note -

Set off 3 cleansing flames and if you assault you could use something like warprift too ;)

Can the libby actually have cleansing flame? I didn't see it on his list of psychic powers.

Damn, sad times, o well. Warprift it is!

~Gil ;)

That might lead to some abuse! A squad with libby could cast it, have the Libby cast it, then have the libby cast Might of titan. That's a whole lot of St7 Powerweapons attack (St8 w/hammers!).

Phil

That's the point!! How can you get I 10 Thunderhammers without abuse!

But, in all seriousness, I don't see any restrictions that would prevent a unit from being effected by two HHs

The reason I don't think Hammer Hand can stack is because of the power "Might of Titian" makes a big fuss being cumulative. Seeing this, I think the wording of Hammer Hand would mention stacking. Who knows how it will work in the final codex.

Crowe is not an IC according to the draft PDF.

p.s On a side note -

Set off 3 cleansing flames and if you assault you could use something like warprift too :Elite:

Purifiers come with it, Crowe comes with it... that's it. They are the only things to have from the stuff I read.

Quick note, and I am sorry to say this, Crowe isn't an IC. From what I have been able to glean from the draft PDF Vindicatus has it totally right. This is due in part to the Brotherhood of Psykers rule, no character appears to have this rule and therefore doesn't count as part of the "brotherhood."

As stated, I've not read the file, but the things I have seen make me question how that works. How does he give FC to his unit then? The only HQ's I've ever seen are IC's or solos (like Mephiston/Sanguinor). If he comes with optional retinue, that could make sense; but that's the only other way I can think of him giving FC to his unit other than him being an IC. The realistic stuff out there makes him look to be an IC, so any further elaboration from others who have the file would be great.

Not being an IC is still not a deal breaker, he would still be one to hang close to 2 squads of Purifiers. Make a box around him forcing multiple combat on assault... Purifiers/Crowe/Purifiers.

Archived