Terminators deep striking?

Lord Scytha

I know this is probably a dumb question but can terminators teleport and deep strike in the 5th ed rules?

The reason I ask i because I can't find any mention of it in the codex. Not in the force chart or in their description. All it says is take a land raider.

Have I missed something?

Yes it's very logical to only mention that terminators can deep strike in the fluff about armour. Esp. if you then doesn't write that they can deep strike on their force chart entry like is done with LS.

Thanks anyway. Would probably never have thought to look for it there.

You don't mention which codex you're using so i'll make this minor, but important point; if you're playing Space Wolves then the answer is no. Wolf Guard Terminators cannot Deep Strike. If you're using any other codex then you're good to go.

Terminator Armour is wargear so all special rules come under the 'terminator armour' umbrella. It doesn't say they can deep strike, or have relentless, because the terminators themselves don't have that special rule, the wargear they are using does, like all other wargear special rules.

You don't mention which codex you're using so i'll make this minor, but important point; if you're playing Space Wolves then the answer is no. Wolf Guard Terminators cannot Deep Strike. If you're using any other codex then you're good to go.

All Terminators can deep strike. ALL. Space Wolves very much prefer not to. Just like C:SM where the termies Deeps Strike is written in the fluff section, Wolf Termies prefer to go conventionally than getting their atoms scattered, but there is fluff where they have used teleportation before. I've played plenty of games where players allows wolves to deep strike. Dont be a GW pawn. If things are so rigid in clear examples where GW intends for things to be fluffy, then its no fun.

EDIT: And before this blows up, yeah, I know what 'prefer' means. It means the C:SW doesnt say you can deepstrike, just says they prefer not to. But that doesnt mean friendly games you cant if your opponent says its cool. Space wolves by fluff have teleported and continue to teleport, although do it rarely.

But that doesnt mean friendly games you cant if your opponent says its cool.

That goes without saying, as it applies to every rule of every game everywhere. If I wanted a rule that allowed me to roll a die to see how many snot boogers I could flick on your HQ before the game starts, it'd be fine as long you agreed with it.

Terminator Armour is wargear so all special rules come under the 'terminator armour' umbrella. It doesn't say they can deep strike, or have relentless, because the terminators themselves don't have that special rule, the wargear they are using does, like all other wargear special rules.

Except that a lot of the wargear rules is in turn just references to unit descriptions where the rules is stated....

For example....?

The army list is just the army list, giving you the options for your units. All special rules are detailed on a per item basis, or referencing the main rulebook.

for example:

Iron Halo. two units use it though its referenced to the chapter master's unit entry.

Archived