Night Lords Defiler-Knight WIP

Martox

Ave fraters!

Been working on this for... a while. Maybe a month. Consists mostly of a defiler kit, some plasticard, guitar wire, 2 Irn Bru bottlecaps and a plastic skull I found at work.

Standing at roughly 7 inches tall, here's how it stands at the moment:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Martox/defilerknightwip.jpg

The problems I'm having are thus:

1) The 2nd arm - I've already decided a re-worked defiler flail arm will work for one of the arms (I'm thinking it's left). However, the second is a conundrum. Do I make a power-fist for it? Or do I go with the Knight Titan Heat lance?

2) The Battlecannon - As you can see, the reaper autocannons are shoulder mounted. The question is, and this follows on from the first question, do I make the battlecannon underslung on the second arm or shoulder mount it?

3) The rear - I know I want to add some method of a pilot entering the vehicle. The obvious choice is a port (probably stolen off of a rhino) but where to put it? Beneath the engine compartment or somehow work it above the engine compartmet (onto the plates covering the head).

4) The feet - I need to add toes onto it. At the moment, I'm thinking something along the lines of the Forgeworld Dreadnoughts. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Other than these, it's mostly just gap filling and filing down pieces.

Comments, critique and ideas welcomed.

Cheers

Aww, he's so adorable. Do you have plasticard with 2mm thickness? If so the feet shouldn't be too hard, just cut out various sized triangles and play around with them. Perhaps you could take inspiration from a velociraptor's (which according to firefox spellcheck, is not a word) foot. A large spur might be needed for support though.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/392763_f260.jpg

go raptor-feet (the defiler leg spikes work nicely as talons for the toes). remove lower jaw (could give a long explanation of why, but in short it just makes it more scary)... and ill say from experience two shoulder mounted weapons is a tad too much... and besides, with an arm cannon and the flail it would be quite wysiwyg... and lastly, bat wings somehow next to the skull ;)

PS i would personally turn the thigh-armor wide side up, as that looks more natual (and agile (you have fleet))

Archived