Apothecary conversions

ron

Figured I'd share these here with some folks who might really appreciate them.

The one with the jump pack is magnetised so it can be swapped out with a regular Apothecary backpack.

They're painted up to a tabletop standard so they can be put on the field quickly.

If you're looking to see some more about them (WIP stuff), all that's on my blog here.

Enjoy!

Blood%20Angels%20Aopthecary%20conversion%20two.jpg

Blood%20Angels%20Apothecary%20conversion%20three.jpg

Blood%20Angels%20Apothecary%20conversion%20one%20jump%20pack.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delayed replies folks!

Lord Asher: As for the bases, here's how they go

It's a basecoat of Dark Chocolate by Americana followed by a wash of GW Sepia and Baal Red. The two colors are spread about the base in a random pattern in order to create some variety in the shadow colors. Then it's a drybrush highlight with Sable by Americana followed by a second drybrush of the same Sable color with some GW Bleached bone and Ceramcoat Terracotta mixed in to make it lighter but still keep it warm. The last step is a spot was of some GW Devlan Mud in the recessed areas and a little bit of Baal Red for effect.

Truthfully though, you can substitute your own colors and get a close result without having to spring for the particular paints.

Demoulius: The gems start out black. Then it's a highlight with dark red aloing the bottom that blends up into the black. Sometimes I'll add a lighter line highlight to the bottom ofthe gem if it's bigger than normal for effect. Then a really tiny white dot at the top.

TheMouth: I see what you mean. These guys are painted up to a tabletop standard only though so there has to be limits on the number of blends you get into when shading and highlighting.

Highborn Mergula: The red is not that hard really. In stead of trying to type it all here, I'm going to point you in the direction of my tutorial that has more cool pics of a Terminator I did the process on.

How I painted the red

Archived