LPC Grey Knight Stormraven

Inache

Great idea! All the pod needs are it's weapons pods. I haven't read the Ravenor books in a while but the pods had a high rate of fire. Small version of assault cannons? I envisioned Ravenor's pod as smaller than the SR's turret but the turret is big enough to use full isze assault cannons.

Fantastic Ravenor, pretty much exactly how I thought the chair looked when I read the books.

I'm not sure about the maneuvering arm, which I would have left off, but otherwise perfect.

I did leave the arm off at first, but then he looked kind of silly sitting there with a control panel in front of him. I'm going to do the arm up in flesh or well, burnt flesh, but the hand is going to be a prosthetic.

Great idea! All the pod needs are it's weapons pods. I haven't read the Ravenor books in a while but the pods had a high rate of fire. Small version of assault cannons? I envisioned Ravenor's pod as smaller than the SR's turret but the turret is big enough to use full isze assault cannons.

He had a psycannon in the books if I remember correctly. I'm going to run him as a Malleus instead of Xenos Inquisitor, since I want him to be as fluffy/legal as possible. I did go ahead and mark out where I would put a magnet on the upper part of the back side where I could attach a servo-arm that would "swing out" holding a psycannon, but since I'll have to wait until the plastic GK's come out to get one... :D

Umm not meaning to be picky but Ravenor was burnt so badly that the lump of flesh was no longer recognizable as human.

the pod he was in was a life support pod in the hospital( so oval and smooth) which he found he was able to move around with his latent physic powers. He can use a physic blast to incapacitate close by enemies but uses his powers to wear his staff and control them physically( like a physic puppet) if he needs to get physical or shoot.

Will get off my highhorse now, love the books and saw a lot of responses that were misleading

Love the models and conversions though, can't wait to see them finished.

Umm not meaning to be picky but Ravenor was burnt so badly that the lump of flesh was no longer recognizable as human.

the pod he was in was a life support pod in the hospital( so oval and smooth) which he found he was able to move around with his latent physic powers. He can use a physic blast to incapacitate close by enemies but uses his powers to wear his staff and control them physically( like a physic puppet) if he needs to get physical or shoot.

Will get off my highhorse now, love the books and saw a lot of responses that were misleading

Love the models and conversions though, can't wait to see them finished.

Ravenor himself as well as other characters in all three books make repeated reference to his 'armoured support chair'. It is described as being fairly bulky, armoured and I think matte black, not oval or smooth. It has concealable psycannon,

gun-pods, a concealed holo projector (so ravenor can display his inquisitorial seal) external data ports, armour panels as well as considerable life support mechanisms and anti-grav plates similar to those fitted to Land Speeders. While you're correct on most of the other aspects, he isn't afraid of using his gun-pods to even the odds either and does so a few times in the trilogy.

@ Inache: great conversion, might give this a go with my spare SR turret if that's ok?

JAmes

Well it's getting to be crunch time, and as with all great endeavors there are some hiccups. FW Grey Knight tank commanders to be converted to pilots still haven't gotten here, and I did not realize that I was almost out of primer, so all weapons and two Land Raiders remain a horrifying plastic gray.

HOWEVER!

The first coats of boltgun metal were applied to the two exclusively GK SR's, and the =][= SR got a nice coat of black as well.

SR1

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z317/Inache/DSC00670.jpg

SR2

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z317/Inache/DSC00672.jpg

=][= SR

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z317/Inache/DSC00674.jpg

And a close up on what's on the both sides of all the SR's. One side will be heraldry for the SR, listing victories and its name, and the other side will be the pilot with the same info. I figure the poor dude is going to sit in his cockpit for the rest of his life, might as well give him credit for his accomplishments.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z317/Inache/DSC00677.jpg

Archived