Dreadnought/Walker Assault

Nrthstar

I figured if anywhere, my brothers here can get me a fast and accurate answer. Our 2 heavily experienced players in our club gave me this little tidbit, but now I'm questioning it's legitimacy.

True or False:

When a Dreadnought Assaults or is assaulted, it breaks away from combat at the end of the phase, just like any other vehicle.

I realized I needed to double check this one, when my friends just laughed when I was filling them on the battle report from last week and the turning point was when my dreadnought met his deathguard who lacked a fist/hammer.

All signs point to no, the fight doesn't just break apart since the Dread has a WS.

yeah alot of people get confused with the vehicle rules.. a walker is a sub type of vehicle, and its rules replace those of standard vehicles, so although tanks cannot be locked in combat walker specifically can as noted above.

i once had a guy tell me you couldnt consolidate after destroying a walker in combat.

I don't mean to derail this tread, well maybe I do, but I do have a question regarding walkers in assault:

I assault a squad of 30 boyz with an Ironclad Dreadnought, and the player did not include a power claw on his nob. Those boyz cannot hurt my dread, but they are fearless and don't run away. We played this as they were stuck in combat, but they were stuck in combat for 4 turns and only stopped because the game ended (30 boyz is a lot to chew through with only 3 attacks). Did we play this right, or is there a rule for assaults where one side cannot hurt the other?

I don't mean to derail this tread, well maybe I do, but I do have a question regarding walkers in assault:

I assault a squad of 30 boyz with an Ironclad Dreadnought, and the player did not include a power claw on his nob. Those boyz cannot hurt my dread, but they are fearless and don't run away. We played this as they were stuck in combat, but they were stuck in combat for 4 turns and only stopped because the game ended (30 boyz is a lot to chew through with only 3 attacks). Did we play this right, or is there a rule for assaults where one side cannot hurt the other?

I had that happen at a tournament I went to once. My dread charged a chaplain that had no grenades. My opponent whined for quite a while to the TO that he should be allowed to leave combat (he made a lot of invul saves, didn't die for several rounds of combat).

That is EXACTLY why I have a powerfist in every squad >_> being a fearless templar and all.

Archived