Telion's skills

angryswarmofbees

When Telion guides another member of his squad, can that shot (let's say a ML) use Telion's BS6 and be placed on any model in the target unit?

PS

For Telion's bolter entry it says it CAN be used with the following profile; does that mean it can be fired like an ordinary bolter too? (though obviously not in the same turn)

Cheers

When Telion guides another member of his squad, can that shot (let's say a ML) use Telion's BS6 and be placed on any model in the target unit?

PS

For Telion's bolter entry it says it CAN be used with the following profile; does that mean it can be fired like an ordinary bolter too? (though obviously not in the same turn)

Cheers

No Telions eye of vengeance rules only applies to him, when he gifts his BS with his voice of experience rule, it is a different model doing the shooting.

Its one rule or the other im afraid, theres no combining them

as for the bolter, there are some who say it can be fired as a standard bolter, but with RAW it has only one profile and despite sharing the word bolter in its title, it isnt a bolter, its a stalker pattern bolter

I know; just checked out your blog. Some cool ideas in there. I really like the thunderfire conversion. Just bought some of the old metal scouts and want to get the new plastic ones and telion. Think that'll make a good addition to my fledgling army. Your blog will help get the most out of them, so thanks again.

as a side note, I find telion to be most effective in low point value games when knocking out a peice of special weaponry is a big deal, in larger games where the enemy has more redundency his heafty price tag tends not to be worth it. Though that was before the bit where he gives stealth to the entire unit so long as he is alive.

as a side note, I find telion to be most effective in low point value games when knocking out a peice of special weaponry is a big deal, in larger games where the enemy has more redundency his heafty price tag tends not to be worth it. Though that was before the bit where he gives stealth to the entire unit so long as he is alive.

I thought he was an excellent value before the FAQ - BS6, Eye of Vegeance, two shot sniper rifle - but with the new ruling stating that he gives Stealth to the entire unit, Telion essentially only costs thirty-five points for a five-man unit, or a mere twenty points for a ten-man unit. Snipers should almost always be given cloaks, unless hanging with Mr. Telion, so you need to subtract the 3-points per man directly from his cost.

I guess you could argue that he is slightly less effective as games increase in point value, but if you are going to include a Scout Sniper Squad in your list yo should almost always find a way to add the extra 35/20 points for Sean Connery... er... I mean, Sgt. Telion.

Archived