Bike Squads as Troops and empty Drop Pods

Typical Cricket

I have two questions for you intelligent people:

The first one came up in a game last week.

When taking a Bike-mounted Captain or Kor'sarro Khan on a Bike, the rulebook says that Space Marine Bike squads of at least five models may be taken as Troops choices.

The question arose as to whether an attached Attack Bike counts towards the minimum of five models.

My interpretation is that it does, because the entry says five "models", without specifically saying which models they have to be. However, I can see how I could be wrong.

The second one doesn't really apply to my army, but I was just curious.

In Version 1.1 of the Space Marines
FAQ
, it states that you may use a Drop Pod on its own, with no squad inside. If you choose to do this, under which category of the Force Organization Chart do they fall?

Your thoughts?

Yup, attack bikes count. So 4 bikers plus the attack bike makes your 5 models. Therefore that squad can be troops.

I was under the impression that when it said the pods can be used on its own with no squad inside, means you still have to buy it for a squad, but you can drop it empty and walk your guys on later?

I was under the impression that when it said the pods can be used on its own with no squad inside, means you still have to buy it for a squad, but you can drop it empty and walk your guys on later?

yeah the pod is taken as an upgrade to a unit, it therefore occupies no FOC slot.. you cant buy pods on thier own

Archived