Drop Pods and Furioso Dreadnoughts

LoneSniperSG

Anyone coming out of a drop pod can still use the run rule. But Fleet does not allow them to charge after the restriction against charging from deep strike overrides Fleet.

Is there a FAQ outlining this?

The rule itself says so, under Deep Strike.

Check your rulebook, page 95.

Gotcha. I see it. Now I can squash this nonsense. I'll rase a mug of ale in honor of all the help you guys have given me. :D

You know, I find this stuff kind of funny. Now, I am not trying to be condescending, but if you are playing with the guy regularly and he is your friend why have you not at some point borrowed his codex and read thru it at least once. Heck, before I face off against any type of army I read the codex a few times. Then I build at least three different lists identifying they strengths and weaknesses of them so I know how to most effectively cripple them. Then I build another list based on what I learned to optimize the lists and I figure out how to beat that list. Then I will play other players who play that race. Then there are no surprises on the rules for that army and I should have a leg up on how they are going to attack me. Of course almost every one I have ever played has had ZERO clue how my army works so they get torn apart. How do you beat an army with a competent player if you have no idea what you need to take out in their army to nuetralize it?

You know, I find this stuff kind of funny. Now, I am not trying to be condescending, but if you are playing with the guy regularly and he is your friend why have you not at some point borrowed his codex and read thru it at least once. Heck, before I face off against any type of army I read the codex a few times. Then I build at least three different lists identifying they strengths and weaknesses of them so I know how to most effectively cripple them. Then I build another list based on what I learned to optimize the lists and I figure out how to beat that list. Then I will play other players who play that race. Then there are no surprises on the rules for that army and I should have a leg up on how they are going to attack me. Of course almost every one I have ever played has had ZERO clue how my army works so they get torn apart. How do you beat an army with a competent player if you have no idea what you need to take out in their army to nuetralize it?

.. Actually I did borrow it at one point, but I was looking more at the lore than at the units. Frankly I may not have been playing in the 5 years I've been collecting, but I paid enough attention in the Space Wolves section to see what wargear does what job and how to get it done. All I learned was from asking questions and reading battle reports. With a resource like this website, it's easy to learn.

Aye, this is a fantastic resource. I really enjoy this website. Especially the conversions and and ideas people post. They are going to be most handy to keep in the back of my mind as I redo my company. Plus you can see how other people veiw the primary use of certain units, which may be far different then you own. It gives you more insight as you go into battle against others. And any day you learn something new is a good day.

Archived