Just another Stormraven modification thread

boffinboots

I loved Bjoern's tail extension so have already stolen that. I see the SR as a bit like an Apache with wings and I'm trying to move the assault cannon turrets to be more like a pintle cannon or in fact a rear facing anti-aircraft turret.

Here's a couple of pics of where I'm thinking of putting them. What do you guys think?

IMG_0079.JPG

IMG_0080.JPG

(apologies for crappy shots)

Okay so after a bit of thought I've abandoned that idea.

So far I've made canards for the nose, extended the tail and modified the top turret. I'm thinking I will straighten the wings and put the assault cannons in the nose somehow (basically combining all the bits of other people's conversions that I like :> )

I will maybe post some pictures of my progress when it's light.

However, I am currently thinking about putting the hurricane bolters in rear facing... what are people's thoughts? It makes it look a little more aerodynamic, can cover the rear ramp (though I guess that's mostly for drops...) and fire at pursuers. The rear landing gear pods block the bolters a little bit, but then so do the forward VTOL bulkheads! I dunno, but I must say I am enjoying fiddling with this kit a lot.

I'm also thinking of adding a few VTOL jets into the (extended) tail, to make it look a little more manoeuvrable.

Archived