Stormraven, not Thunderbudgie

Sure I have been taking pictures as I did that one, and stopped at that point for now, Startign a 2nd but with more drastic changes !!! 2nd one I chopped its bottom Now is just bellow the side door, I still removed the Thrusters and am Makign the front more sleep and Pointed, its Compartment is being lengthend to actualy Look lik eit could hold more than 2 models lol, and Im thinking im run two Tail sections like Vandetta so I can put the dread between them. also instead of Mounting the motor Under the wing off the hull Im thinking of Reversing it so it is Over the Wing from the Hull , Motors will Look sorta Star Trek.

Then ill pick my Favorite and being a match to it since i want 1 for Reg Red BA and One for DC Black. 8) More to Come

Ill post picts of The work I did to first so can see the conversion to its point and the New one also...

Hi guys. Sorry I haven't updated in a few days. I've been waiting for plasticard to arrive.

And here's what I've done with it:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Fireshade/DSC00046.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Fireshade/DSC00047.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Fireshade/DSC00048.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Fireshade/DSC00049.jpg

I'm tempted to build up the top of the fuselage to make it all a bit more streamlined. What do you guys think?

I don't like the turret. Now it looks like a damned armored train from WWII. Flying armored train.

I know, we need a turret on that thing, as LOS and different measurements are required for WYSIWYG, but maybe it would be better to attach weapons on the wings, like on a real planes?

I like the concept of the turret, i just think it is a little too large but it is your project and so if you think that is the best way to go then stick with it. It is still a fantastic conversion!

I'm liking the look of the top of the tail. I hate the turret. Its too big. I dont know why no one has used rhino top hatch doors to use as a pop up and shoot or pop down and close doors to hide gun conversion. The gun doesnt always need to be on top. Using rhino doors allows you to streamline it and use conventional guns than go with something that is aerodynamic and armored. Also, by lengthening the hull, there is plenty of room to incorporate a pop down turret and rhino doors. I bet it'd look better than the monstrosity of a turret you have there. That thing would look big sitting on top of a Land raider.

I'd like to see pics of the tail from multiple angles if you could.

Never lose faith in the frater, they ALWAYS come through in a pinch.

Thanx to you brother I will now get a SR or two. I knew it needed to be extended, but could not visualize how to make it work. So many thanx for all your efforts.

I'm definitely looking forward to your tutorial.

One nit, I don't think the turret works. Part of what makes your conversion work is the fact that you've reduced the height to length ratio to a more eye pleasing fraction. By adding the turret, you've sort of moved the line back to the "stumpy" side, to quote your earlier post.

However, you are on a roll, so keep the mojo going.

But after seeing them in play on the table, I think I understand GW's reasoning for making them as stubby as they did. My friend and I are making Storm Ravens right now, and he fielded two on the table last Saturday, and I can definitely say that he wouldn't have been able to land his Terminators where he did if his Storm Raven had been any longer.

I also play Elysians and have 7+ Valkyrie/Vendettas. Tell me about it. :)

Cheers,

Looks really good, but the Turret is to Big looks Tank sized, should be more Razorback like i think. I Like the extended version, Extending mine as well, I'm used plasticard , I like your idea of using the valkerie hull. LoL its getting to be a Expensive trial and error Process, ive already chopped up 2 ravens and thinkign of getting couple more.

What I may do instead is use a Razorback turret armed with assault cannons, but mount it on the ship's belly. It is a ground assault craft, after all :D

I was thinking of something similar, but the design doesn't really allow anywhere for this to happen. Or at least, if you still want it to be able to land/open it's doors.

Archived