Librarian + Chappie Wargear question.

Brother Evar

In the librarian HQ entry it states he has either a bolter or bolt pistol. If you give him termi armour he loses his grenades and his bolter, it says nothing of him losing his BP as that is a completely different weapon. So it looks like RAW wise if he has a BP he keeps it. What dose everyone else think, as this was not FAQ'ed. Same for the Chaplin, Discuss.

IMO I think he keeps the BP as he choses that first before the termi armour, not after as technically thats the first equipment choice that is made for HQ's like that.

Technically this would make a difference mostly in the case of the librarian(the chapppie would I guess also lose one attack, or more clearly speaking not gain the bonus attack for having a pistol and a power weapon), as the chappie has to choose a ranged weapon option and termie armor is relentless, letting him fire it on the go, only the librarian has the option to not choose a ranged weapon.

As for my vote, I would go for losing the pistol entirely, as it clearly lists the character's boltgun is lost, and the character has a choice of either a bolter or a bolt pistol, either of which could be qualified under the generic term boltgun. As he has only one slot to pick this weapon and that weapon slot is lost when he picks the terminator armor, he would lose whichever weapon that he chose.

In the librarian HQ entry it states he has either a bolter or bolt pistol. If you give him termi armour he loses his grenades and his bolter, it says nothing of him losing his BP as that is a completely different weapon. So it looks like RAW wise if he has a BP he keeps it. What dose everyone else think, as this was not FAQ'ed. Same for the Chaplin, Discuss.

IMO I think he keeps the BP as he choses that first before the termi armour, not after as technically thats the first equipment choice that is made for HQ's like that.

Nope. because to get the terminator armour he has to take the Bolter.

If he doesn't have the grenades and bolter to exchange he cannot take the Termie armour.

Its just confusing. I understand the points made, though am still iffy about it. Will play it as losing the bolter options not to rock the boat. ;)

Thanks guys. :teehee:

Do you mean he'll be keeping his bolt pistol in Termie armour? I may misunderstand you.

No need to be iffy or confused.

To start with, before any upgrades are applied to him, he has a bolt pistol or a boltgun. So choosing both is not an option as this is an exclusive 'or'. It doesn't say 'bolt pistol and boltgun'.

To use the termie armour you must exchange your boltgun. So if you choose the boltgun option, then you simply give it up and there's no problem.

If you choose the bolt pistol, you can't take the termie armour as you are unable to exchange a boltgun to take it.

Think of this in another context. There's two vending machines, one selling drinks, one selling chocolate. The drink machine only takes coins, whereas the chocolate machine only takes paper money. You leave home and need to decide what to put in your wallet, as alas it is only small and can fit either some coins or some paper money, but not both. So, what you decide to take initially will determine what snack you have access to later on.

So, taking a bolt pistol or a bolgun determines what options you have access to in the unit entry.

I hope that makes sense :lol:

trying to apply real world logic to games workshop codex writing, that way lies madness.....

but aye, agree with the above posters, if you take the pistol, you cant then take terminator armour.

Still, at least there is one terminator out there who has a bolt pistol..... NJAL!

Archived