Captain and Honour Guard loadout?

ServoBadger

I've been pondering buying another plastic Captain, a Command Squad box and some Jump Packs for a while and, although I know he's not our best HQ choice I'd still be interested to know what weapons and wargear you think would be best for such a squad?

Even if they stay on the shelf most of the time I'd still like to have a model made up and painted for my BA's commander!

As an aside, I'm not sure I like the all gold appearance of the Honour Guard, although it seems appropriate if they were guarding Dante or even Tycho. Would red with gold helmets do just as well?

Thanks!

Captain pair of lightning claws, or lightning claw/combi-melta.

HG: Probably 1 thunder hammer/meltagun, Company Champion, Novitiate, Lightning claw stormsheild.

I used to run something similar when I was using Captain and HG for fluff reasons.

But fluffwise I'd go with a Glaive encarmine on the Captain. It makes no sense att all that our captains can't take a glaive. I'd model him with a GE, and if you are to use him sometime (it won't be in a tournament) just say it's that same as a LC and pay the cost for it. GE and a plasma pistol.

Honour guard, I'd choose a company champion of course, sang. novitiate, company standard bearer with a storm bolter, a power fist/combi melta guy and a plasma pistol/power weapon.

All of them with JP's of course

Edit: This is of course only a fluffy Cpt.+HG. Not very good, but fluffy for me.

But fluffwise I'd go with a Glaive encarmine on the Captain. It makes no sense att all that our captains can't take a glaive. I'd model him with a GE, and if you are to use him sometime (it won't be in a tournament) just say it's that same as a LC and pay the cost for it. GE and a plasma pistol.

That's how I modeled mine. I just suck it up and call it a power sword.

As an aside, I'm not sure I like the all gold appearance of the Honour Guard, although it seems appropriate if they were guarding Dante or even Tycho. Would red with gold helmets do just as well?

I think that all-gold would be appropriate for Dante's HG (but we have Sanguinary Guard for this purpose :) ). I'd paint the regular HG red with gold helmets and the company's markings - so they'd look like Veterans but with certain company's blood drop instead of 1st Company's skull. TBH, I think that HG have no need in re-painting their armor, as they are not a fixed organizational entity, and are seconded from the best warriors (either company's ones or veterans), so there'd be no time to repaint their armor.

As Gv0zD said, Honour Guard with red armour, gold helmets and the company markings instead of the 1st company Skull on the shoulder pad.

For jump pack marines, using the Terminator Assault Squad Claws cut at the elbow works fine. They are the same size as the one on the Commander Sprue anyway

Thanks for all the replies! A lot of votes for Lightning Claws - one question, where would you get a right-arm lightning claw from? The Commander box has one for the left arm.

I found a blister of Veteran with Lightning Claws. The arms aren't attached, so I used the body as one of my Vanguard and the arms on my captain.

I have been pondering a jet pack honour guard, 2 thunderhammers and 2 meltaguns then sending them out as support for a larger jet pack squad as they project a pretty good 6' furious charge bubble along with some 12' buffs if taken with banners and standards.

I would also consider them useful as a jet pack can opener on armoured transport, any comments?

Any thoughts on running the Captain with a Power Sword and an Infernus Pistol, as a sort of Dante-lite? And maybe putting another Infernus Pistol in the Honour Guard, for those times that you absolutely positively definitely need to pop a transport and assault the contents?

its how id run prefer to run mine. for the squad it depends entirely on you. fluffy then its the best so

sanguary novite

banner bearer-with ranged weapon or cc weapon(or both, but id want to do like the pic of the black templar)

comp champ

the heavy dude, thunder hamer or fist, and if points allow sheild or melta gun(could be same as banner guy)

then red shirts. personally id want one guy stock and the other power weapon, and maby infernus.

though if your thinking of running him like danteif go with 2 melta guns and 2 infernus...or some such...

Archived