Black Legion Heraldry

techsoldaten

I have been putting together a Black Legion army for over a year now and started putting some paint on vehicles. Getting a bit stymied on what kinds of logos and heraldry to deck them out with.

Given that the Black Legion is the only traitor legion to keep a serious military heirarchy, I want to keep some kind of uniformity with marking the vehicles themselves. Not going to go with Imperial Gothic numbering schemes, which would be too orthodox. I am thinking about using the eye in the front left side of each vehicle, and some other standard mark on the right to designate individual squads. The ideas I have are to use demon faces, marks of Chaos, runes, and other smaller elements for the secondary designations. But these are not as satisfying, and I am getting stuck with what to do next.

Wondering what kinds of resources exist for detailing Black Legion heraldry. Are there any other marks commonly associated with them besides the eye and the original Luna Wolves mark? Has GW ever actually commented on this?

Are there any other marks commonly associated with them besides the eye and the original Luna Wolves mark? Has GW ever actually commented on this?

Don't think so, and I'm a pretty big BL fanboy. i wonder if anyone has ever created a Chaos rune system ? In some of the books the LW's home tongue was said to sound harsher then high gothic, even though it's called "gothic" i think most ppl associate it with Latin (in real world terms), maybe the LW's/BL would speak ( and write) something more like Sythian, Sarmatian or early German. You could write on the rinos using one of those languages.

Are there any other marks commonly associated with them besides the eye and the original Luna Wolves mark? Has GW ever actually commented on this?

Don't think so, and I'm a pretty big BL fanboy. i wonder if anyone has ever created a Chaos rune system ? In some of the books the LW's home tongue was said to sound harsher then high gothic, even though it's called "gothic" i think most ppl associate it with Latin (in real world terms), maybe the LW's/BL would speak ( and write) something more like Sythian, Sarmatian or early German. You could write on the rinos using one of those languages.

There is a rune system in the Lost and the Damned. It has both words and phoenetic spellings. It applies to the WFB section of the book, but I suppose it applies to 40k as well. Considering they call it the Dark Tongue, I am planning on using it for my machines.

There is a rune system in the Lost and the Damned. It has both words and phoenetic spellings. It applies to the WFB section of the book, but I suppose it applies to 40k as well. Considering they call it the Dark Tongue, I am planning on using it for my machines.

The Dark Tongue, there's also a table of it together with a table for what the runes look like in the previous Hordes of Chaos tome for WFB, as well as one part of it in the new Warriors of Chaos tome. There's also references to the Dark Tongue, of language of Daemons as it's also referenced as, in the Liber Chaotica.

TDA

Archived