Alt-Verse Log

ShasVa

To be brief on the non-pic side of things, I'm creating my own fluff on an alternate 40K universe, whereby certain things do and don't happen. One example of each:

DO: The Emperor does continue to live, well into M41! YAY!! :teehee:

DONT: No Primarchs turn, but one still dies....sort of...!

The following 3 pics are of Lorgar, the Word Bearers Primarch and (alt-verse fluff) the first "daemon exorcist". His victory over Kor Phaeron on Davin (where he tries to turn Horus, but fails!) was where research into daemon-exorcism began. In time, the Crozius weapons used by the Exorcist units of Lorgar's legion are modified with re-discovered tech to do the same thing as Lorgar's own Blessed Crozius.

EDIT: The pics can be viewed at my newly created gallery. Enjoy!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...&album=5791

The pics aren't the best, but more and better ones will come.

Also, Lorgar is practically complete, short of a few minor details and potential fix-ups.

Good question. Allow me to answer it as best I can....

Chaos: Weakened, but still present. Erebus becomes the principle bad guy in place of Horus. He launches a "Dark Crusade" against Terra, but fails. He later tricks the Chaos pantheon into turning him into a full-fledged Daemon Lord, and gets banished from the Warp (he cannot return). His primary goal, apart from destroying humanity, is to return to the Warp, destroy the pantheon, and usurp their power so he can become supreme ruler of the immaterium.

Tyranids: Still a threat due to their massive near-incalculable numbers. Sadly, some worlds would still die, but perhaps not as many as in the 40k canon. Tigirius of the Ultramarines would almost die attempting to see the Hive Mind.

Orks: Still a threat due to their method of reproduction.

Necrons: Still a threat due to their numbers and uber-tech. Something would happen with the Mechanicus and the Noctis Labrynth, which could mean the Void Dragon awakens.

Eldar: Still dieing out, and therefore not that much of a threat. Eldrad Ulthran becomes an ally of sorts to the Emperor, but gets branded an outcast by the other Eldar because of this.

Dark Eldar: Still a mid-level threat. Jaghatai Khan actually discovers a security hole in the Webway that would allow the Imperium to enter Commoragh and destroy it.

Tau: Unknown. Could either be wiped-out (unlikely) or left alone. Alliance potential possible, though to what degree I don't know yet.

Fallen Heroes:

- Solar Macharius: haven't come up with a reason yet

- Khârn: died defending his Primarch in a battle against Khorne daemons

- Magnus: interred on the Golden Throne to protect the Imperial Webway

- Dante: killed by a corrupted Gabriel Seth

- Luther: died defending Caliban from a daemonic incursion

- Garro: died defending his Primarch aboard the Death Guard flagship

Notable Bad Guys:

- Erebus: the Fallen Son of Chaos, has a great deal of power from all four gods, commands the daemonic Dark Legion.

- Zahariel: the librarian responsible for the daemon attack on Caliban that cost Luther's life. his whereabouts are unknown. possibly a Tzeentch champion.

- Typhus: a Nurgle devotee who almost killed his fellow Death Guard brothers. allegedly killed by Mortarion aboard the legion's flagship.

- Gabriel Seth: a former Blood Angel infected by Khorne flesh and turned into a whirlwind of murder and death. wounded by Sanguinus but not killed.

- Fabius Bile: former chief apothecary to the Emperor's Children. began experimenting and delving into outlawed sciences. turned Eidolon into a Noise Marine. he escaped Fulgrim's retribution.

Just ordered the parts I need to assemble Perturabo. Can't wait to see how he turns out!

You may notice that the paint-job on Lorgar looks flat. This is only temporary, mind you. I'm planning to use the Army Painter Quickshade dips on all my minis from now on, so in time they will truly be complete.

Also, Lorgar has no base, but this is by design. I've also ordered a "temple ruins" 40mm base with the Perturabo parts. This base will be used to simulate Colchis, Lorgar's foster-planet.

Thanks for the tip. I will attempt to take my pictures during daylight hours in the future. That may help out with the final result.

Parts for Perturabo should be on their way to me soon, so I will have two Primarchs to show off. Two down, another fifteen to go.

Yes, I know there are 18, however as I stated in my OP, one of them "dies". That one is Magnus, whose internment repairs and protects the Imperial Webway. Plot wise, Ahriman becomes Legion Commander of the Thousand Sons by decree of the Emperor. In-game stat wise, he would not be on-par with the other Primarchs (even with augmentation), but since he is Magnus' best, he would still not be easy to take down.

Archived