First competion-painted Blood Angel

AngelOfDeathXIII

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/053/8/d/blood_angels_sergeant_by_reinoutjansen-d3a55t4.jpg

Greetings Brothers,

After a two month absence I've taken up the brush once more to compete in "De Lage Landen Schilder competitie" which is basically a "Golden Demon" for The Netherlands and Belgium. This one will be posted in Warhammer 40.000 Single Miniatures, this afternoon I'll pick up a squad of Sanguinary Guard for Squad (I'll enter them alongside Dante), I also want to enter a Death Company with a Rhino in Squad... Finally I'm thinking about an Assault Marine-Ork Nob Duel...

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions/hints.

I like it!

Only gripe I have is the bloody chainsword. Both because I'm not a fan of that detail myself (I like my models clean) and secondly because if you do it, it should not be so clean. A chainsword doesn't just create a clean bloody part of the sword. If it's dug in that dead, all the teeth should have blood on them, also those further down the sword, and there should also be some splatter on other parts of the sword/marine.

But that's just detail work.. but I do feel detail is important in a painting competition.

Thank you... It makes sense that all of the teeth should be bloodied... I'm not so happy with how it turned out so maybe I'll just re-paint the blood (so you don't see it anymore). And yes the camera I use gets a "grainy". It also was quite dark so I used GIMP to lighten the image up.. Now it actually resembles my paintjob...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived