Nurgle terminator lord

Brother_Ovis

This is a first step in my new project - a Nurgle renegades/marines combo army. This here commander is a quite heavily converted Chaos Lord in Teminator Armour set.

I don't like all these metal spikes and ornaments on Chaos marines, especially on the followers of Nurgle, whom I like "regular power armoured just heavily damaged and decayed". That's why I removed as much rivets, spikes, arrows etc as I could and I will probably remove more of them, as I'm still not happy with the result - especially on the legs, which to my eye scream "Black Legion", but have nothing to say about Death Guard :blush:

As you can see, I used lots of green stuff - I'm quite happy with the effect as it was the first time in my life I used it. The intestines were meant to be whole, undamaged, but unfortunately I did some damage to them accidentaly while sculpting and had to salvage what I could, and all I could do was to make them into ripped.

The weird gizmo on the lord's back is something inspired by Blight Drones from FW - one of them has some hideous sludge pouring from it's tail and that's what is going to be happening here also. I call it "Disease Spreader" - it's a bio-mechanical device that leaves a trace of corrosive slime everywhere the lord goes while emitting poisonous fumes into the air at the same time. Cool, huh? :tu:

The colour is going to be different, that's for sure - I was going for the original Death Guard white, but overdid the sepia wash, so I'll just probably just make it into some sick shade of green. Also the metal ornaments are going to be repainted to regular, heavily rusted steel.

Oh yes, the power weapon has a blade, but it has unfortunately broken off and I decided to glue it later, as it is pretty delicate and would probably break off again during further work.

C&C welcome, especially some cool modelling suggestions from more experienced sculptors and modellers.

Count the Seven!

gallery_57562_5797_114945.jpg

gallery_57562_5797_61710.jpg

gallery_57562_5797_992.jpg

gallery_57562_5797_99898.jpg

Whew...he's really let himself go, eh? A great start for your greenstuffing, my first job (and, well, every job hence bar one or two) look like crap. I particularly like the chainmail shin guard.

On ways to improve...well, the Melta gun needs a drilling, and there are some mold lines on it too. The melta barrels on his sludge-pack-thing and the back of his left wrist are due for a mold line trimming as well. I agree that the Sepia went a bit overboard, and that a green wash or two on top may make for a more interesting look.

I rather like the power weapon as it is, actually. Nurgle's all about decay and rot, so I could see one of his champions continuing to use a old rusted corroded and broken power weapon as a proper beating stick, even well after the blade snapped off. Instead of a proper blade, maybe just some tiny jagged points where the blade snapped at the base, and some crusty (preferably rotting) gore around the end of the club? If nothing else, it'd be something new to me :P

Looking forward to seeing this pan out.

Whew...he's really let himself go, eh? A great start for your greenstuffing, my first job (and, well, every job hence bar one or two) look like crap. I particularly like the chainmail shin guard.

Thanks a lot for your kind word :P I like the shin guard also, I just can't wait to use my rust powders on it :)

On ways to improve...well, the Melta gun needs a drilling, and there are some mold lines on it too. The melta barrels on his sludge-pack-thing and the back of his left wrist are due for a mold line trimming as well.

That's true, I was so consumed with overal converting that I overlooked these bits... I also think I'll tinker some more with those melta barrels so they don't look so obvious. I'll use some putty to make them round and smooth and then I'll just drill some little round holes like the tank exhausts have. Thanks for the inspiration :)

I rather like the power weapon as it is, actually. Nurgle's all about decay and rot, so I could see one of his champions continuing to use a old rusted corroded and broken power weapon as a proper beating stick, even well after the blade snapped off. Instead of a proper blade, maybe just some tiny jagged points where the blade snapped at the base, and some crusty (preferably rotting) gore around the end of the club? If nothing else, it'd be something new to me :HQ:

That's an interesting idea, haven't thought of it. Thank you sir!

Looking forward to seeing this pan out.

So am I :)

;) yeah :no:

i havent touched a model in years (giggity) and i may have to break out some stuff and get to work on a nurgle lord in terminator armor... something i've been wanting to do for a while now. great inspiration. Love the color and the sculpting.

Archived