Land Raider Variants

Purdy81

I was speaking to a member of staff in my local GW about Land Raiders and he said that forge world have a land raider with a 20 man ( 10 Terminator ) capacity, ive looked at there website but cant see one, anyone know which variant hes on about?

Ok, well thats an interesting question. There is such a LR variant, its called the Land Raider Spartan. The fluff is that is was created during the Heresy to transport Terminators as at the time the standard Phobos Pattern LR couldn't. Once it was modified to do so, the Spartan fell out of use. There is some question as to whether the Spartan was open topped or discarded it's side sponsons in order to do so. It was released in WD 119(UK) back in 89'. Unfortunately I can find no official updated 5th ed rules for it so you could only field it in friendly games. Someone on Libraium did make some updated rules for it and they can be found here.

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/rul...er-spartan.html

Lexicanum also has a pic of the orginal model, which looks silly as hell :P

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Land_Raider_Spartan

And just for fun and reference here is a list of all the known LR patterns and what rules if any they have

GW

Phobos - All current Codices

Crusader - All current Codices

Redeemer - C:SM, SW, BA

Forge World

Helios - IA 2

Prometheus - IA 2

Achilles - Experimental rules on website

APOC

Ares - Apoc Datasheet

Terminus Ultra - Apoc Datasheet

Other

Hellfire - Original LR from Rogue Trader era. No official rules.

Spartan - No official rules

What is a "Godhammer Pattern" LR? I've heard mention of it several times and had thought it was another name for the Phobos. Any ideas?

This falls way out of scope for the OR board, but it's been bugging me. ;) Sorry.

What is a "Godhammer Pattern" LR? I've heard mention of it several times and had thought it was another name for the Phobos. Any ideas?

This falls way out of scope for the OR board, but it's been bugging me. ;) Sorry.

Sorry, where would you put it?

It is ;) 'Godhammer' is referring to the basic (Phobos) Raider's two twin-linked lascannons.

Cheers

I

What is a "Godhammer Pattern" LR? I've heard mention of it several times and had thought it was another name for the Phobos. This falls way out of scope for the OR board, but it's been bugging me. :) Sorry.

Sorry, where would you put it?

I was actually referring to my own question - not yours. Yours seemed to be seeking an official rules entry for a LR variant; mine was asking where a name came from. :cuss I was taking myself to task for it.

Archived