Librarian gating Sterguard around

maturin

I'm with maturin on this one, I don't think there is any hate for Vortex of Doom. However, it just doesn't fit in this list and unit's purpose without paying 90pts on upgrades for your Libby. Why not buy Vulkan instead? Force multiplier and awesome in CC with better stats. Or a Captain. The Libby is good, especially in 1500pts as you only really need to spend 100pts on him to make him good. I'll concede that 40pts for Terminator armour and storm shield isn't much and is a good buy. However, for the purpose of this list, VoD would mainly be something you'd want to drop when teleporting, so you're paying another 50pts to Gate and VoD. If you decide not to do Epistolary, there are better powers that fit in, which don't need Termy armour. The fact is that Gate in this instance is a primary power, it isn't a secondary power to get people out of combat. Therefore, chances are you're using it most the time, do you want to pay 40pts just to effectively use your back up power, or get back up power that power armour can use?

Archived