Heroic Intervention

Glitch85

Heroic Intervention allows the squad to assault the turn they deep struck. The assault still occurs during the assault phase, and not as part of the deep strike deployment. The intended target unit could still be shot to pieces or possibly fall back before the Vanguar Veterans get to attempt their assault.

Heroic Intervention allows the squad to assault the turn they deep struck. The assault still occurs during the assault phase, and not as part of the deep strike deployment. The intended target unit could still be shot to pieces or possibly fall back before the Vanguar Veterans get to attempt their assault.

This. Also possible (and in my experience more likely with any codex other than BA) that the Vanguard simply cannot make range to close the assault after scatter.

Frankly, if you are planning a HI move then it is mandatory you be packing a unit of Scout bikers with a Locator Beacon.

Otherwise you just KNOW the unit will scatter a bazillion inches away from their target, or directly into the bowl of conveniently placed in game snacks :devil:

If a unit wishes to deploy via Deep Strike and chooses to do so within 6" of a model carrying a locator beacon, then it wont scatter. Note that the locator beacon must already be on the table at the start of the turn for it to be used.

Or drop pods with locator beacons. Cheaper :D

Only other DP's can use those to DS on. Not assault or termie sqds or Vanguard.

What the heck? Where did you get that ruling from?

My bad it's teleport homers that don't work for Assault sqds and DP's. I'm so confused..lol. Didn't have my book in front of me when I posted.

Archived