Dante - wha'ts your take?

shdwcypher13

I've sometimes toyed with the idea of putting dante in a SG squad with nothing but infernus pistols. You don't scatter with dante at all, so you have no problem getting within range. Drop it right behind the biggest most expensive model in your opponent's entire army. I don't care how big and bad it is, I'd like to see how well anything survives taking six melta blasts to the rear. Couple with a VV squad like I suggested earlier and you dish out some hurt on the ds.

That is nearly 700pts of perfectly Pie Plate sized stuff to shoot at in their turn though. In only 7 models.

Sounds like the pie plate dropper should be the first target, then.

More importantly, that is half of a 1500 pts army, or more than a third of a 2000 pts one. That squad, as powerful as it may be, can only be at one place at one time, dealing with 1 (or 2, if you're lucky) targets at a time. You are heavily handicapping your overall battleplan by concentrating too much of your force at a single spot. Can you still win? Yeah sure, providing your opponent isn't too good. However, play someone halfway decent and you will probably regret your decision to include Dante's Inferno...

I've sometimes toyed with the idea of putting dante in a SG squad with nothing but infernus pistols. You don't scatter with dante at all, so you have no problem getting within range. Drop it right behind the biggest most expensive model in your opponent's entire army. I don't care how big and bad it is, I'd like to see how well anything survives taking six melta blasts to the rear. Couple with a VV squad like I suggested earlier and you dish out some hurt on the ds.

That is nearly 700pts of perfectly Pie Plate sized stuff to shoot at in their turn though. In only 7 models.

Sounds like the pie plate dropper should be the first target, then.

I'm guessing the 700 points for 7 models would be Dante, SG, Priest? Isn't that more in the realm of 550? Which isn't bad because most DOA armies have what, 2-3 RAS, a VV or two, and two HG or equivalents, yes?

Anywho, I'd think the Blood Lance libby and four meltagun goldshirts would be better served for the anti-castling/death to the Big 'Un idea, while having Dante and the Sangs looking to shred something in CC.

There is no way Dante, Sanguinary Guard and a Priest are 770 points... Closer to 600 points depending on how you equip the SG and Priest. 7 models is a fairly small foot print so it's easy to hide them on the drop. I'd rather safely land behind cover and then engage the opponent the following turn versus armies like IG. They can blow you off the table in one turn, it's just not worth it.

G :HQ:

Archived