Newb questions: Multiple CCW and extra attacks

Kozemp

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, I wasn't able to find anything.

Here's my situation: I have a Chaos Aspiring Champion whose statline reads A2. He has a power fist on one hand and a chainsword in the other.

Can someone please just tell me, simply, how many attacks does he have, and when do they happen?

Again, my apologies is this is a blindingly obvious thing, but I've been reading p. 42 in the rulebook for the better part of half an hour and near as I can figure those last few paragraphs are so contradictory they will open up a hole to the Warp if I look at them much longer...

Thanks to all. (And blood for the blood god.)

Is that a valid weapons loadout? Seems odd.

Anyway, if it is, I would imagine that you can choose to have either 2 attacks at the model's strength/initiative (using chainsword), or 2 attacks at double the model's strength, at initiative 1 (using power fist). You do not get additional attacks from a second CCW if you have a powerfist, unless you have a second power fist paired with it.

You would have to declare which weapon you are using before making any rolls.

He has 2 attacks or 3 on the charge.

There are a selection of weapons that do not get the bonus attack for 2 close combat weapons unless they are paired (powerfist, thunder hammer, lightining claw to name a few).

So if you have a model with 2 attacks base, and give them a power fist, they will have 2 attacks, unless they have charged (+1 attack for charging).

There is no reason to give a model a chainsword and a powerfist.

With this armament you get 2 attacks with the powerfists rules. Might as well take a pistol so you can shoot instead of the fist.

Most of the time, if you have 2 weapons, you get your base attacks +1 with one of the 2. If you have a special CCW (power weapon or the like) all the attacks use the rules of that weapon. The exceptions are lightning claws, fists, thunder hammers which can only get +1 attack from a second of the same weapon.

Excellent. Those are exactly the answers I needed, thanks.

And one more thing...

Sure there is: Blood for the Blood God!

The model still has a bolt pistol attached to his belt for shooting. I just went with the fist/sword combo because it looks nasty and Khornate.

Actually, I do have a followup question

Most of the time, if you have 2 weapons, you get your base attacks +1 with one of the 2.

So my regular CSM, which are statline A1 but carry chainswords and bolt pistols, would actually have 2 attacks/3 on the charge?

Thanks again.

Excellent. Those are exactly the answers I needed, thanks.

And one more thing...

Sure there is: Blood for the Blood God!

The model still has a bolt pistol attached to his belt for shooting. I just went with the fist/sword combo because it looks nasty and Khornate.

I do this same thing. I have an assault squad where every member dual-wields chainswords. Every member also has a holstered bolt pistol. Since the additional CCW has no game-effect whatsoever, they're just treated as if they're bolt pistol/chainsword guys. I've never had anybody complain about it.

I do this same thing. I have an assault squad where every member dual-wields chainswords. Every member also has a holstered bolt pistol. Since the additional CCW has no game-effect whatsoever, they're just treated as if they're bolt pistol/chainsword guys. I've never had anybody complain about it.

Thank you. I'm going to go buy extra chainaxes and now all my berserkers will dual-wield.

What a great idea!

Actually, I do have a followup question

Most of the time, if you have 2 weapons, you get your base attacks +1 with one of the 2.

So my regular CSM, which are statline A1 but carry chainswords and bolt pistols, would actually have 2 attacks/3 on the charge?

Thanks again.

Yup, + the pistol shots in the shooting phase (which you may not want to take sometimes, depending on the opponent and their numbers/placement).

Archived