Death Company Questions

henrywalker

My death company make up a mini army which i insert into my lists. i have a stormraven painted death company colors in which i take a furioso death company, 10 death company marines, a death company captain (which i 'counts as' tycho) and lemartes. i then take a further 10 in a rhino. the storm raven marnies all have power weapons/fists or thunder hammers etc.

my questions:

can i take lemartes without a jump pack?

aesthetically, what do we think of a death company marine with sanguinary guard wings, a death mask and angelus pistol, the idea being anyone can fall to the black rage.

for the above, white wings like guard or black wings like astorath.

The issue of rage is a problem. a good player will lead my death company along with 5 scouts and take them off the board.

my idea to fix this relies on one thing. does the storm raven land? my idea would be to land it right between the troops and the scouts to block their line of sight. is this allowed? if not could i use the fast rhino to do the same. does this work on true line of sight like shooting?

can a death company furiosso be a librarian?

Thanks

If you are using the Death Company Tycho rules then I don't believe that both him and the 10 Death Company can go in the Raven as DC Tycho doesn't have the Independent Character rule (have to double check my codex).

Also unless you have Astorath in the list you can only have one DC unit.

You can't take Lemartes without a jump pack but that doesn't stop him joining a DC unit without them (I believe the unit moves at the slowest model's rate).

DC dreads cannot be Librarian dreads

I run an all DC list and use Razorbacks to block lines of sight if I need it, but most of the time on the size of table my local group use it's not so much of an issue.

My death company make up a mini army which i insert into my lists. i have a stormraven painted death company colors in which i take a furioso death company, 10 death company marines, a death company captain (which i 'counts as' tycho) and lemartes. i then take a further 10 in a rhino. the storm raven marnies all have power weapons/fists or thunder hammers etc.

my questions:

can i take lemartes without a jump pack?

aesthetically, what do we think of a death company marine with sanguinary guard wings, a death mask and angelus pistol, the idea being anyone can fall to the black rage.

for the above, white wings like guard or black wings like astorath.

The issue of rage is a problem. a good player will lead my death company along with 5 scouts and take them off the board.

my idea to fix this relies on one thing. does the storm raven land? my idea would be to land it right between the troops and the scouts to block their line of sight. is this allowed? if not could i use the fast rhino to do the same. does this work on true line of sight like shooting?

can a death company furiosso be a librarian?

Thanks

Few problems with your list:

Lemartes has to be taken exactly as printed and therefore has a JP, counting as 2 troops for transport in the Stormraven, putting you over the capacity

That's not a problem if you get rid of Tycho though as he counts as a unit on his own and therefore cannot share a Stormraven with another unit

And no the DC dread cannot be a librarian

Archived