Tas in a Doa

MadMonk

So it's been a very long time since I played warhammer 40k. I'm looking to start a Doa army. Was wonder if anyone has tried a Tas with a sg in a drop pod. Would this work in a Doa army? I think this could be a thorn in the oppents side.

First we have to understand what your acronyms mean.

"Tas" - Does this mean Terminator Assault Squad? If so, Terminators cannot ride a Drop Pod.

"sg" - Does this mean Sanguinary Guard? If so, then this is a 5-man Jump Pack unit that cannot ride a Drop Pod either.

Please clarify so we can better answer your question.

PS,

Welcome Back!

I think Tas is for TActical Squad, is it?

Anyway, whatever it is, if you run DoA list you're most likely reserve your army, so you'd have tactical advantage over your opponent. If you take DropPod, it has to arrive in the 1st turn, so whatever rides there would be torn to pieces by concentrated shooting.

Just a thought for the OP. If people don't know what your question is, they're unlikley to provide an answer. If you want people to take time to answer your questions then taking a few extra seconds to type out what you actually mean rather than using some sort of abbreviation that most people never seem to have come across would have been helpful.

So it's been a very long time since I played warhammer 40k. I'm looking to start a Doa army. Was wonder if anyone has tried a Tas with a sg in a drop pod. Would this work in a Doa army? I think this could be a thorn in the oppents side.

Tas = Thunderhammer wielding Assault Sergeant =D

Btw DoA (decent of Angels) or a DS (deep strike) list. There's a small difference between the two. DoA is pure jump packs while a DS can use other deep striking things like drop pods and landraiders in addition to jump packs. DoA is afterall a rule reserved for blood angels models with a jump pack.

Archived