universal special rules

Purdy81

Hi folks,

Just played my first game in 17 years against my mate, who's never played before. anyway after getting home and reading through the rules things are starting to make sense after actually playing.

However Im a bit confused about the universal special rules,

example terminators have the relentless special rule p102 of C:SM which is fine I get that, but in the forums whilst reading up on lightning claws some people have mentioned giving there termiantor assault squads the "furious charge" special rule, apparently very good for claws, how do you equip these Special rules? do they have ponits costs? are certain rules specific for certain types?

basically i dont get how you add these rules to my squads in the army

Such rules only affect units that already have that rule, or if some other rule or event causes them to have such a rule - such as the Blood Angel's Red Thirst and Blood Rage, or if a model such as a Chaplain joins the unit, conferring new special rules to the unit while he is attached. You cannot "buy" a special rule for any given unit except in the rarest of circumstances, and then it will be explained within the unit's codex entry.

Hi folks,

Just played my first game in 17 years against my mate, who's never played before. anyway after getting home and reading through the rules things are starting to make sense after actually playing.

example terminators have the relentless special rule p102 of C:SM which is fine I get that, but in the forums whilst reading up on lightning claws some people have mentioned giving there termiantor assault squads the "furious charge" special rule, apparently very good for claws, how do you equip these Special rules? do they have ponits costs? are certain rules specific for certain types?

They would be referring to a) the Dark Angels or Black Templars, in which you can still buy rules as veteran skills, or :D the good old days, when everyone could buy veteran skills.

Hi folks,

They would be referring to a) the Dark Angels or Black Templars, in which you can still buy rules as veteran skills, or :D the good old days, when everyone could buy veteran skills.

I get you, so its old codex stuff basically, and if im running my chapter from the current C:SM im stuffed and cant buy any Uni Special Rules

cheers for sorting that

I get you, so its old codex stuff basically, and if im running my chapter from the current C:SM im stuffed and cant buy any Uni Special Rules

you cant buy these rules, but you could take korsarro khan with the claw termies, they would then get furious charge AND hit and run AND outflank..

Archived