what would go well with these?

Dusktiger

i'm trying to make a 1750 tourny list that can be upgraded to a 2000pt list, but i cant decide on what to take for an HQ, or what to grab to suppliment my current choices. i decided to take these units for my list so far:

=================================================

Total Roster Cost: 1250

Elite (230 pts)

Dreadnought + Twin Linked Autocannon

Troops (680 pts)

Tactical Squad + Plasmagun + Missile Launcher

Sergeant + Power Weapon

Rhino

Sergeant + Power Weapon

Rhino

Tactical Squad + Meltagun + Lascannon

Sergeant

Rhino

Heavy Support (340 pts)

Thunderfire Cannon

Predator - Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsons

i have several captains(masters of the chapter box kit), plus a kantor, a vulkan, a cassius, and a master of the forge. i also have a redeemer/crusader, and a land raider, 5-man hammernater squad, 5 scouts with snipers, cloaks, and a missile launcher, and a pair of land speeder typhoons.

any suggestions on what would go well with these choices on the field as to bring this list to 1750, and to 2000?

I really suggest getting some Melta in there. I suggest you remove the thunderfire cannon (you already have enough anti infantry firepower), put a commander on a bike and get a bike squad with a meltagun and multi melta. I also suggest further attack bikes/land speeders with meltas.

Also replace the lascannon sponsons on your predators with heavy bolters. Lascannons aren't very cost effective.

Alternatively try to fit a LRC with Assault Termies in there. Assault Termies are on of the best units in the game and very effective for their points cost.

Well, you need at HQ - so first choice is either a librarian, second choice is a named character. At higher points you would benefit from both, with third choice as a MOF.

Then upgrade your third squad sergeant to a PW to match the others.

Then go for a terminator assault squad and landraider variant.

Lastly go for Fast Attack choices that appeal to you.

i'm trying to make a 1750 tourny list that can be upgraded to a 2000pt list, but i cant decide on what to take for an HQ, or what to grab to suppliment my current choices. i decided to take these units for my list so far:

Total Roster Cost: 1250

Elite (230 pts)

Troops (680 pts)

Sergeant + Power Weapon

Rhino

Sergeant + Power Weapon

Rhino

Tactical Squad + Meltagun + Lascannon

Sergeant

Rhino

Heavy Support (340 pts)

Thunderfire Cannon

HQ

I would suggest a librarian in TDA and SS with null zone and the power S10 FP1 (140)

Elite

Assault terminators should be compulsory in tourneys lists. I use 1LC and 4TH/SS with LR Redentor with melta cannon and extra armour (465)

Troops

I think you should drop 1or2 rhinos to reduce easy kill points and add a power fist

Also, i would take the plasma cannon as heavy weapon, at least in 2squads.

HS

I have not used any of them , but it seems OK. Or you can use a vindi instead one of the predators.

Fast attack

You can try to include LS typhoon with the rest of the points.

I would personally use a Librarian as an HQ. Don't upgrade him to Epistolary, but give him TA and a SS, Nul Zone and make him ride around with the termies. The best all-round raider variant is the Land Raider Crusader in my opinion. If moving 6" it can fire all it's weapons. Don't go for a 'normal' LR as these aren't cost-effective.

In regards to the tacticals: Personally I would go with flamers and MM rather than ML and Plasma. MM have less range but are melta, ap 1 and as expensive as a ML. Plasma is okay but expensive. You have a power-sword... I'm not entirely sure why, if you're thinking about using this squad in an assault role at times then switch the plasma gun for a flamer and give the seargent a combi-melta to deal with armour and/or heavy infantry. Also please drop the lascannon, ridiculously expensive for what it does.

Please drop the thunderfire cannon, although it's okay it really is very very flimsy and is only really good against light infantry.

Also try to fitting in either Land Speeders with a MM and HF (at 60 points these are a bargain) or Attack Bikes with a MM (more durable but less firepower).

the reason for the power swords is because they're being converted into red scorpions with the FW upgrade kits and the bionic arm wielding a power sword looks really nice.

i used to play vulkan lists, so i'm trying to steer away from the typical lets give everything meltas and flamers, as its gotten monotonous. but i think i will change the lascannon to a multi-melta.

as for dropping transports and making troops march, that's just insane; thats just inviting your opponents to kill your troop choices.

looking at the suggestions i have this so far:

Total Roster Cost: 1930

HQ (140 pts)

Librarian + Terminator Armor + Storm Shield + Null Zone & Vortex of Doom

Elite (690 pts)

Assault Terminators + 3x Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield + Land Raider Crusader with Pintle MultiMelta

Troops (680 pts)

Sergeant + Power Weapon

Rhino

Tactical Squad + Meltagun + Missile Launcher

Sergeant + Power Weapon

Rhino

Tactical Squad + Meltagun + MultiMelta

Sergeant + Power Weapon

Rhino

Fast (180 pts)

Land Speeder Typhoon

Land Speeder Typhoon

Heavy Support (240 pts)

the reason for the power swords is because they're being converted into red scorpions with the FW upgrade kits and the bionic arm wielding a power sword looks really nice.

i used to play vulkan lists, so i'm trying to steer away from the typical lets give everything meltas and flamers, as its gotten monotonous. but i think i will change the lascannon to a multi-melta.

as for dropping transports and making troops march, that's just insane; thats just inviting your opponents to kill your troop choices.

looking at the suggestions i have this so far:

Total Roster Cost: 1930

HQ (140 pts)

Librarian + Terminator Armor + Storm Shield + Null Zone & Vortex of Doom

Elite (690 pts)

Assault Terminators + 3x Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield + Land Raider Crusader with Pintle MultiMelta

Troops (680 pts)

Sergeant + Power Weapon

Rhino

Tactical Squad + Meltagun + Missile Launcher

Sergeant + Power Weapon

Rhino

Sergeant + Power Weapon

Rhino

Fast (180 pts)

Land Speeder Typhoon

Land Speeder Typhoon

Heavy Support (240 pts)

I think you should change a bit the list, as your wish, to reduce kill points. Almost every army can destroy 2LS and 3Rhinos without much effort, and dreads are not specially durable.

Also, I suggest increasing your AT power, for example, upgrading 1predator or changing a LS for a vindi.

Based on my experience, LRC is only better than LRR if you take advantage of its transport capacity (for example, using the rest of the points in another termi); under other conditions, LRR is much more powerful.

Your list have strong points, and weak ones also. IMHO it lacks balance and striking capacity.

- Very strong point: anti-transport: two dreads, two combi-preds, maybe two typhoons.

That's a lot of firepower in this range, maybe too much.

- Very strong point: three full troops. You'll hardly lack objective sitting or objective taking units.

- Weak point: anti-AV13/14. Where is your melta? One meltagun is a joke in 2000 pts.

- Weak point: how did you choose your tacticals loadout ? See explanations below.

- Weak point: you need a unit that kan kill hard elite units.

First, I suggest to weaken a little your firebase and balance your list. Your TFC can be a good asset against heavy infantry and exceptionnally bikes. If you like it keep it. But I would drop either the preds or the dreads, and add one of the winner, so either three riflemen or three combi-preds. They hunt the same thing in the same fashion: MCs and transports. Three is enough.

Second, I would rethink my tacticals loadouts. You have to pair your special and heavy to work together.

If you want a lascannon (probably for objective sitting in the backyard), the special you want is either a plasmagun for the range, or maybe a flamer if you expect to be charged. A melta will be useless.

If you want a meltagun, try a multimelta with it. In this you build a good tactical in rhino for the middle of the table.

For the last one you need to pair it with the second, and I would recommend basic flamer and missile laucher. This way with two tacticals you've got a strong missle ground holder.

To complement this you need fast melta to kill tanks, and a hammer unit.

You already have it in your inventory: LR + hammernators.

For fast melta go for a pair of speeders, with paired HF/MM, this way you can also toast infantry.

i thought about doing this late last night:

Total Roster Cost: 2000

HQ

Librarian + Terminator Armor + Storm Shield + Null Zone & Avenger

Elite

Troops

Tactical Squad + Flamer + Missile Launcher

Sergeant + Power Weapon

Rhino

Sergeant + Power Weapon

Rhino

Sergeant + Power Weapon

Rhino

Scout Squad + Missile Launcher + Sniper Rifles + Camo Cloaks

Fast