Dreadnought experimental

Trying a more chaotic dreadnought.

I thought that the normal dreadnoughts for chaos were not to different and I thought that If they can make defilers why not cool dreadnoughts.?

I know its not as good as other conversions but It's a start.

gallery_59999_5823_8533.jpg

gallery_59999_5823_6397.jpg

gallery_59999_5823_42582.jpg

gallery_59999_5823_17812.jpg

gallery_59999_5823_32348.jpg

I'll probably get rid of the drop pod plating, this is experimental and I am open to suggestions. If any of the pictures are not very good quality it's because I took these in bad light with a camera-phone.

Also well done to the guy who did the conversions in the link. (seriously check it out)

Sharkio Hereticus

It's an interesting concept, but I think he's a bit awkwardly posed. Don't get me wrong, I think you're onto something, and it's good to see someone trying to make a cooler chaos dreadnought as the standard GW ones are starting to look very dated.

I think if you could reposition the legs, either so he's posing or striding forward (I realise you're limited by the size of the base) and make him a little less top heavy you'll be on to a winner.

James

After changing the legs again I think I got the winning pose. Maybe not a winning model but certainly a good pose. :P

I changed it to a kind of running position and got a bit of paint on it to start.

gallery_59999_5823_64395.jpg

gallery_59999_5823_5669.jpg

gallery_59999_5823_44334.jpg

The design on the drop pod armour back is an experimental thing but I may paint over it. Yes I know I'm not good painter but I'm looking for good tutorials at the moment so bare with me.

gallery_59999_5823_44756.jpg

I made it a close combat dreadnought for purpose of what I had and to make modelling easier and more menacing.

gallery_59999_5823_73770.jpg

As I said my painting isn't great so if anyone likes the model and would like to paint it better I can go into better detail about its construction and I would be happy for people to post their pictures of it.

Archived