LR and the multi-melta

bushman101

I just picked and finished painting my 1st LandRaider (modeled to be either a Redeemer or Crusader when I need) and I've been thinking:

Should I always take the multi-melta upgrade? It seems really good, but I'm wondering what is working for other people.

Thanks

especially with power of the machine spirit it allows you to make use of it. you can fire it at a different target to the anti infantry weapons, or even it and the assault cannon at a tank and the rest at infantry if you want. the flexibility of that weapon i always would on a reedemer/crusader. not so much on a stock lascannon one, though the additional shot could surely help...

On the Crusader, always.

On the Redeemer, never.

The reason is that due to the weapon loadouts, the Sader will be able to fire its MM at tanks while the assault cannons and hurricane bolters will fire at infantry, whereas the Redeemer already has too many guns to fire them all while on the move, so adding a MM just gives you another dilemma as to which weapon to fire.

On the Crusader, always.

On the Redeemer, never.

The reason is that due to the weapon loadouts, the Sader will be able to fire its MM at tanks while the assault cannons and hurricane bolters will fire at infantry, whereas the Redeemer already has too many guns to fire them all while on the move, so adding a MM just gives you another dilemma as to which weapon to fire.

My thoughts exactly. Though I am not a redeemer fan, if I did put one on the table, no MM for it. And for a standard LR I would probably not put one on either as the twin linked lascannons give you a lot of anti tank as is.

And for a standard LR I would probably not put one on either as the twin linked lascannons give you a lot of anti tank as is.

It's the same as for the Redeemer; it already has to forego shooting the TLHB to use both lascannons, so adding a MM just makes a bad situation worse.

I always stick it to a standard land raider, and it's always been useful. I can't see myself ever not taking now except for a new codex that disallows it. You'd be surprised how often two tl-lascannons fail at tank killing, where the multimelta has been successful. Unlike the other variants, it doesn't need to move to be effective, so more guns is better for me.

Archived