Crimson Fists Lysander 'count as' and a Rhino

SunThirster

Look good, it appears you have some skills with a brush.

I would recommend you to edit your pictures though, make them smaller, a picture of a model can be too big. Make it so the model on the picture is almost its real size, at the moment your highlights look crude 'cause we see a zoomed version of the model. Make it smaller, and I promise you, your highlights will look better. (nobody sees a model this close anyway...)

Anyway, looks good!

Many thanks for the kind C&C guys, they have helped inspire me to keep on painting.. i now have a Dreadnought finished and ive started a Land Raider.. ill post some pics of these as well as more shots of Hector next time I get a little photo shoot going.

To answer the questions:

Lysanders breastplate is indeed the venerable dreadnoughts Sarcophagus, i wanted to make him look like a 4 wound, eternal warrior monster so it seemed like a good choice :HQ:

I didnt airbrush the Rhino, i own one but im to nervous to use it! I also suffer from cant-be-bothered-itis when it comes to setting up a studio in order to use it.

The mud is actually really easy, just mix in some fine sand into scorched brown and apply generously.. dont be shy. Follow with a bestial brown highlight and then a light graveyard earth highlight. I stippled some graveyard earth just above the main body of mud to give a dried splatter effect.

Hope these help!

Cheers.

Archived