BA Captains......Pretty much useless?

Debauchery101

. So my captain got a demotion to Vanguard sergeant and I doubt I ever use a captain again until our codex changes.

This is exactly what I did, though I still call him "Captain" for fluff purposes; he just stays with the Vanguard;)

My 'Captain' fell to the Black Rage and is now in my Death Company with a Jump Pack and 'Counts As' Lemartes.

I did also waste my time and build a 2xLC model with JP. Think he will be a display piece

Not this again!

The point of taking a captain is to take a captain. You like the model. You have a fluff reason, like following a particular company through a campaign. You want a simple approach without too many special powers. You are fighting with very low points.

There are many reasons to play 40K, and mini-maxing isn't the only way of enjoying it. I take a captain for role-playing reasons.

I have never taken a Captain. I dont remember them ever being popular either. The last real codex everyone ran Chaplains and Sanguinary High Priests. So to be honest I dont know what is the cause of all this lamenting over something we never really had that was any good or better than what we already got. Seriously folks.

G :tu:

I was thinking earlier and thought of a way to make Captains actually used.

First, reduce their points by 10. So if you just wanted a basic captain without any of the following the points might be enough reason.

But let them choose from the 3 following rules:

+10 points: Rites of Battle

+20 points: Heroic Intervention (Captain only)

+30 points: Blackened Skies. All non-teleporting deepstriking BA units can use the DoA rule, not just jump pack units.

Archived