Mephiston joining units

henrywalker

i know mephiston is not an independent character but i want to get him in a unit.

I may be wrong but can't an independent character join more than one unit?

if so can you use an indepoendent character to join mephiston to a unit.

Ie dante joins a unit of sang guard and mephiston.

does his work?

Henry, the IC rules specifically forbid joining a unit that is always 1 model (like Mephiston) so no IC can join Mephy.

Also, ICs can not join more than 1 unit at a time.

Lets all be polite about this, please.

:lol:Henry, the IC rules specifically forbid joining a unit that is always 1 model (like Mephiston) so no IC can join Mephy.

Also, ICs can not join more than 1 unit at a time.

Lets all be polite about this, please.

Too much eh ? ;)

he dosnt need to join a unit. If you that bothered rather then spend 200 points on a unit stick him in a land raider for 50 points more.

Mephiston and DC Tycho cannot take a Dedicated Transport unless you buy it for a unit that can and they literally hijack it, which then means the original unit is beatin' feet. You can however give them their own Stormravens with a Dreadnought as their back-up.

i know mephiston is not an independent character but i want to get him in a unit.

I may be wrong but can't an independent character join more than one unit?

if so can you use an indepoendent character to join mephiston to a unit.

Ie dante joins a unit of sang guard and mephiston.

does his work?

Like other have stated, Mephi cannot join or be joined by a unit. However, he can be supported by a unit. There is nothing in the rules that says you can't put a unit of Jump Pack Honor Guard or an RAS+Sang Priest in front or close to him so he gets the extra benefit of Furious Charge and FNP from the Sanguinary Novitiate or Sang Priest.

not quite so much with the sanguinator, he dosent like bolterfire being toughnes 4 with only 3 wounds compared to mephys toughnes 6 and 5 wounds... mephy does more on his wn whilst the sangunator boosts those nearby so thats really situational...

Archived